Browns General Discussion

candyman93

1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

If we have Jacoby for 8 games, we can go 4-4 with him.

Defense needs to play its *** off and special teams needs to step its game up.

Play calling just needs to be good and we can be a playoff team without Watson all season. I don't have a lot of faith in our play calling on either side of the ball but aside from stopping the run we don't have a glaring weakness in personnel.

That said, we may still call way too many long developing routes on offense and play 12 yards off on on 3rd or 4th and short. We need to be more aggressive on defense and less on offense. Same as last year. At least the defense was making adjustments last year but if we run the same offense we will struggle with Brissett or Watson unless the tackles play a heck of a lot better.

1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

This is really eye opening to me.

Weird, they must count stupid drives. Removing drives that start with less than 30 seconds or end in kneel downs Keenum was 0-5 with a missed FG. Mullens was 0-2 with a missed FG. Baker was 9-25 with 3 fumbles (one his own). There were like 8-10 drives that ended with knees so maybe they include that, I dunno. Yay we win, but that hurts our 4:00 stats.

23 hours ago, bruceb said:

ST?

I know the Browns have like....$12 in salary cap space but I would love to see them somehow get Anthony Barr. Who is somehow...inexplicably a FA still. 

The speed of JOK and Barr at LB would make me get tingly.

I love LBs....and that is my downfall. Maybe Im stuck in 2005 IDK But if I was the GM of the Browns, they would have 3 absolute monsters at LB, which clearly differs from any Browns regime ever.

Edited by AkronsWitness

I think this year is a big/make or break year for Wills, Greedy, Delpit, Nick Harris, and DPJ.

Wills frankly needs to step up and show he’s better than he’s been quite frankly.

Williams is probably gone here after this year but he wants a contract and starting job.

Delpit showed flashes last year after his catastrophic rookie injury.

Nick Harris we all hope makes the leap and looked great vs Green Bay last year.

DPJ we have seen the flashes from but he can disappear and not be consistent. Let’s all hope adding Cooper and a change at quarterback helps him and the team.

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

I think this year is a big/make or break year for Wills, Greedy, Delpit, Nick Harris, and DPJ.

Wills frankly needs to step up and show he’s better than he’s been quite frankly.

Williams is probably gone here after this year but he wants a contract and starting job.

Delpit showed flashes last year after his catastrophic rookie injury.

Nick Harris we all hope makes the leap and looked great vs Green Bay last year.

DPJ we have seen the flashes from but he can disappear and not be consistent. Let’s all hope adding Cooper and a change at quarterback helps him and the team.

Wills definitely needs to step up. Solid rookie year, mediocre/disappointing second season. Hopefully it was just his ankle injury that was causing him to struggle.

Don't think it's necessarily a make or break year for Delpit, although I do expect big things from him. He got better and better as last year went on. He should 100% be starting over Harrison this season.

Like you said, Greedy is likely gone either way after this season, but dude needs to play well and stay healthy if he wants to get a good contract on another team.

DPJ was put into a crappy situation last year. There were times where he was basically forced to be the #1 WR and he obviously wasn't ready/good enough for that. I still think he can become a good #2 receiver.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, DawgX said:

Wills definitely needs to step up. Solid rookie year, mediocre/disappointing second season. Hopefully it was just his ankle injury that was causing him to struggle.

Don't think it's necessarily a make or break year for Delpit, although I do expect big things from him. He got better and better as last year went on. He should 100% be starting over Harrison this season.

Harrison had better not be anything more than cheap depth.  Personally I’d have payed MJ Stewart the extra million to return over Harrison.  Stewart can at least play 3 positions and honestly other than maybe LoS run support plays them better than Harrison.

Not sure what Harrison brings to the table tbh.

Like you said, Greedy is likely gone either way after this season, but dude needs to play well and stay healthy if he wants to get a good contract on another team.

Need him to have a pro bowl season and get a whale of a contract from someone else for dem comp picks bb

DPJ was put into a crappy situation last year. There were times where he was basically forced to be the #1 WR and he obviously wasn't ready/good enough for that. I still think he can become a good #2 receiver.

Mayyyyybbbbeeeee.

I think RIGHT NOW he’s a really good 4, solid 3.  Unless he continues to progress, he’s not a guy you’d like to see starting ideally.  Maybe Watson changes things, idk, but just based off what we’ve seen he’s got a ways to go yet.

11 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

I know the Browns have like....$12 in salary cap space but I would love to see them somehow get Anthony Barr. Who is somehow...inexplicably a FA still. 

The speed of JOK and Barr at LB would make me get tingly.

I love LBs....and that is my downfall. Maybe Im stuck in 2005 IDK But if I was the GM of the Browns, they would have 3 absolute monsters at LB, which clearly differs from any Browns regime ever.

We have the most cap on the league. Like 40M. But I completely agree with you we need to value LBs more. The ravens and Steelers do and they’ve been playoff contenders with top defenses for 20 years. I’d rather have Barr than walker or Malcom smith 

• Like 3