Browns General Discussion

candyman93

3 minutes ago, nugpimpen said:

It says a backup TO Brissett, not to start over him. I think we get Jacoby no matter what.

I think that's the thinking but it would change if we traded for Jimmy G, there would at least be a competition that Jimmy would likely win. We could also just sign him if he is cut. It depends how much SF values a late pick. If they cut him they save over 25 million dollars. I doubt they pay much for a 4th or 5th round pick. Why take on 12 million dollars for a late round pick, seems like a poor use of cap.

• Like 1

Watsons play style is interesting. He throws a lot of mid to deep passes. He’s VERY accurate too, that’s his strongest skill. That’s going to help with spacing and opening up the offense.

He’s like a weaker armed Rodgers (Rodgers has a cannon).

On 7/17/2022 at 6:33 AM, MWil23 said:

Drafting Ford is a bat signal that we aren’t re-signing Kareem Hunt. He’s gone when his deal is up and hello comp pick.

The runningback market is still softening, unless he balls out we will be lucky to get a 6th

On 7/19/2022 at 7:15 AM, candyman93 said:

So probably Togiai, Elliott, Winfrey, and Bryan.

For some reason people like Sheldon Day who’s never proven anything his entire career.

He had a strong pre season. 

He is probably marginally better than Togiai who was pretty bad

30 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Well, I mean, Watson aside obviously. I know there was only so much homework they could do but once the majority of criminal charges weren't going to be tried they blindly jumped in. It has sorta worked out so far as the remaining criminal charges also didn't go to trial but there were additional civil cases and they had (have) no idea when he would actually be available to play so... in Watson's case, knowledge be damned.

• Like 1