Browns General Discussion

candyman93

Jack Conklin hasn’t practiced yet but his rehab is going very well.

Hubbard + Hudson are the backup tackles.

Hance + Dunn are the backup guards.

Pocic is the backup center. Not sure about the rookie we drafted.

If you have realistic expectations for a backup, we probably have the best depth in the league at o-line.

Edited by candyman93
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

We’re about 30M over the cap next year right now. So we’re looking at about 18M in cap space next year with roll over baring any major cap jumps and still needing to resign Chubb,hunt and clowney 

Ehh, won’t be shocked if we move on from Hunt and Chubb after their deals are done. I think the front office trusts the scheme. I will be shocked if Jerome Ford doesn’t produce.

I’ve said about a billion times how I feel about Clowney. I think he will age better than people think because his athleticism was so freakishly high (think Julius Peppers) and defending the run doesn’t get worse with age.

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

Drafting Ford is a bat signal that we aren’t re-signing Kareem Hunt. He’s gone when his deal is up and hello comp pick.

Ford was one of my favorite backs in the draft so am expecting him to do well. And yeah, I highly doubt Hunt is in the team's long-term plans. I wonder if Hunt will get any real money on his likely final starter-potential deal.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, candyman93 said:

NFL is not hiding they want a 7 on 7 league.

I do wonder if us being a running team caused us to get secretly more punished. We didn’t play a style the league wanted.

Ruons guys like Myles Garrett who gets held at a phenomenal rate

• Like 2

This team needs to either sign or trade up and draft a #1 caliber WR next year. That’s the final piece.

Yeah, we’re weak at ILB and DT, but in todays league that’s not that important.

Imagine if we had a Davante Adams / Justin Jefferson. We’d be locks for a AFC Championship game at a minimum (obviously if Watson played 16 games).

• Like 1

15 hours ago, candyman93 said:

NFL is not hiding they want a 7 on 7 league.

I do wonder if us being a running team caused us to get secretly more punished. We didn’t play a style the league wanted.

Less holding calls benefits the run game too. I don’t think there’s any conspiracy here. 

17 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

thank god. I don’t want to waste a year with brissett is Watson is out. 

I’d rent Jimmy G for a year. He’s proven you can go pretty far in the playoffs with him. We run almost the exact same scheme as San Fran.

28 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

I’d rent Jimmy G for a year. He’s proven you can go pretty far in the playoffs with him. We run almost the exact same scheme as San Fran.

I’d love to have him but he’s kill our rollover cap that we need to survive next year. We should give Fitzpatrick a call to see if he’s interested in a comeback. The goat backup. 

37 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

I’d love to have him but he’s kill our rollover cap that we need to survive next year. We should give Fitzpatrick a call to see if he’s interested in a comeback. The goat backup. 

I wouldn’t be surprised to see us flip that conditional pick we got for Baker for Jimmy if SF eats a good portion of his salary ala what we had to do for Carolina. They want him out of the conference and we could use him. Win win

1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

It says a backup TO Brissett, not to start over him. I think we get Jacoby no matter what.