Browns General Discussion

candyman93

11 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Another thing on the offensive line:

I have zero clue what scheme we will run with Watson. I could easily see us doing what Dallas did with Dak. Transition from a run heavy scheme to a pass heavy protection scheme.

I don't think he does change the scheme, I still believe the basis of this offense is to be what it is, a power running team, with an elite QB. You don't ever want to tip off what you are trying to do, make these teams load up to stop the run and make them pay in the air. 

But then again, that is how I see it, they may want to go 4 or 5 wide and air it out but when you do that, you give the defense a chance to adjust their packages to the formation we run. 

Teams will have to pick and choose the the way they die in this offense

• Like 3

The more I rewatch David Bell, the more I believe he will be the 2nd best rookie in our draft class (behind Cade York). 

I think he will be a 1000+ yard receiver in 2-3 years. He will be an excellent #3 guy.

Edited by candyman93
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Times are changing boys and girls. I GUARANTEE our stadium renovations will also involve a roof of some kind.

“Because tradition” has always been a stupid reason to not have a dome.  No one wants to sit outside in the freezing *** cold in December and January or when it’s raining.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

“Because tradition” has always been a stupid reason to not have a dome.  No one wants to sit outside in the freezing *** cold in December and January or when it’s raining.

In a quarterback driven league with a team and league that’s built on speed no less. I’m personally in favor of grass with a retractable roof.

• Like 2

On 7/6/2022 at 12:20 PM, MWil23 said:

In a quarterback driven league with a team and league that’s built on speed no less. I’m personally in favor of grass with a retractable roof.

I mean, you can see how this team is being built long term: 

1. We want to be able to pass and defend the pass.

2. We want to be faster overall.

I will be shocked if we don’t draft 1-2 WRs next year.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Watson loves playing in shotgun. I’m really curious what type of offense we run next year and going forward.

I think we need another WR if we want to spread the field and take deep shots.

That’s what I worry about. Schwartz sucks. He’s speed and only speed. We need to take a flyer on fuller for cheap. 

Yeah I still think our receivers are not good. Cooper is pretty good but he is not the transformational player that I think some people are expecting him to be coming over here. Bell may or may not pan out. Tbh I expected more in general at the position this off-season but I guess when you throw all your draft resources at Watson you don’t get the big-time WR in the draft as a result. In my opinion we are a Cooper injury away from one of the worst WR groups in the NFL. Hope I’m wrong but I’m not sure things are going to flow as easily on offense as some people might be expecting. I think we have some identity issues to work out on offense and with so much up in the air, we will see how it all comes together. I am probably the biggest nick Chubb fan on the boards. He is awesome and there is not a price I would take for him. But if we have a quarterback who just wants to operate out of the shotgun, we should probably at least go to a pretty balanced approach between him and Kareem Hunt.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

That’s what I worry about. Schwartz sucks. He’s speed and only speed. We need to take a flyer on fuller for cheap. 

I wouldn’t say no to Fuller, but he’s also prolly only gonna play like 4 games before he’s hurt.

Additionally, if the issue really was Baker missing open receivers, you have to at least assume a pretty decent improvement in production of said receivers who were open start getting passes thrown their way.

I would also add that we can't have an All Pro at every position.  We have Watson, Chubb, Hunt, Cooper, and Njoku (who the FO has high hopes for).  We also have an above average offensive line, that appears to be better suited towards the run, but shouldn't be an issue, barring injuries.  If WR turns out to be a problem this year, they will address it at some point.  Maybe a cap casualty will pop up, or they draft one early next year.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, big poppa pump said:

I would also add that we can't have an All Pro at every position.  We have Watson, Chubb, Hunt, Cooper, and Njoku (who the FO has high hopes for).  We also have an above average offensive line, that appears to be better suited towards the run, but shouldn't be an issue, barring injuries.  If WR turns out to be a problem this year, they will address it at some point.  Maybe a cap casualty will pop up, or they draft one early next year.

As awesome as Chubb is, I think an elite wr does more for the offense, especially if they can attack deep. 

If we are luck Coop bounces back.