Browns General Discussion

candyman93

1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

Rosen is choosing to wear #19. Kid’s got balls.

He is never going to be the starter (minus suspensions and injuries) so it isn't like he has to perform at a certain level and no one will ever remember he even wore that number here.

Now if Manziel, Weeden, Quinn or Mayfield chose that number it would have been ballsy.

Edited by Thomas5737

27 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

I’m curious if we trade Greedy still. I could see him getting moved after preseason.

If Greedy gets moved:

Denzel Ward
Greg Newsome
AJ Green
Martin Emerson

Then probably Shaun Jolly.

What would be the motivation to trade him?

He is making 2 million dollars this year, pretty cheap.

He is on an expiring contract so he would be a rental player (with the option to resign him of course). What is his worth as a one year player at $2 million? A 4th to us perhaps? Maybe a third to someone else.

If we could get a 3rd, while losing the value of a 4th that he should offer us here and also potentially losing a 4th or 5th round comp pick, I'm not sure it makes sense to move on from him. The value doesn't seem there.

Now if we were offered a 2nd I suppose you have to entertain that. I just don't think that would happen.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

What would be the motivation to trade him?

He is making 2 million dollars this year, pretty cheap.

He is on an expiring contract so he would be a rental player (with the option to resign him of course). What is his worth as a one year player at $2 million? A 4th to us perhaps? Maybe a third to someone else.

If we could get a 3rd, while losing the value of a 4th that he should offer us here and also potentially losing a 4th or 5th round comp pick, I'm not sure it makes sense to move on from him. The value doesn't seem there.

Now if we were offered a 2nd I suppose you have to entertain that. I just don't think that would happen.

I don’t trust him to stay healthy and fetch a high comp pick. So try to get value from him while you can.

34 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

I don’t trust him to stay healthy and fetch a high comp pick. So try to get value from him while you can.

He isn't going to fetch a 3rd round comp pick but I could see him getting a 3 year 24 million dollar deal from someone if he looks as good this year as last. Meanwhile if he does do well this year you are losing that value.

If we don't expect him to play well at all then by all means get whatever you can because you don't feel like you are losing value and he wouldn't get a comp pick value in free agency.

I just may have him as a better player than you or the team. I think he is a solid #2.

On 7/24/2022 at 2:39 PM, nugpimpen said:

Wow. Some actual luck for this team.

I still say the BIGGEST luck box of my recent lifetime for the browns was a coin flip back in 2006, between us and Tampa Bay....for who would get the 3rd pick (Joe Thomas or Calvin Johnson) or the 4th pick (Gains Adams) of the 2007 NFL Draft......still the biggest coin flip in my personal history!!!