Browns General Discussion

candyman93

2 hours ago, NudeTayne said:

Man, that would suck if a player can get injured and not have medical coverage for the injury rehab. That doesn't sound accurate(?). Anyone know a lot of how this stuff works?

They can definitely forgo medical insurance or coverage if they get cut with an injury settlement. 

I think that is where I went wrong, Innis anninjury settlement nor waived designation injury. 

Some guys get a 10k injury settlement, when their treatment will costs in the 100s of thousands.

37 minutes ago, nugpimpen said:

FYI have heard a few people saying Emerson might be legit. And some saying Michael Woods is taking advantage of his reps and looks decent.

It might be too early for this, but all GMs have evaluating strengths at certain positions (e.g. Steelers with WRs, Patriots with LBs, and Ravens with DTs).

I’m willing to bet Berry can evaluate CBs and possibly safeties. It would make sense because he played CB.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

@Kiwibrown said it in another thread-

Mike Woods has stood out in camp. Just looking at him in camp, he’s a big dude that plays physical.

I had such little optimism about him. 
accurate QBs like big guys is one thing

DPJ, Cooper boundary guys

Woods, Bell slot

Jakeem Grant gadget player 

a bunch of guys fighting for the 6th spot. 

I don’t think it’s bad Kareem is sitting out team drills. He wants to stay here. That’s a good thing. 

The problem right now it we can’t even make a move like that without knowing when we expect to pay Deshaun. 

This also gives Dernest, Jerome, and Demetric more opportunities which is a good thing. 

im not sure what a Kareem extension would even look like honestly. 

3 hours ago, candyman93 said:

I’ve felt since drafting Ford that Kareem was the odd man out. Hopefully we trade him to Tampa Bay or somewhere and get a mid - late round pick.

Next years RBs will be Chubb, Ford, and Felton.

As long as Hunt doesn't hold out during the season I think having him this year is more valuable than a 5th round pick or later. Probably 4th also. Let him play it out, get a comp pick in 2024. Obviously we can't afford luxuries beyond this season so an extension for a backup RB wanting probably 10 per year isn't happening. If he is willing to play out the year I'd go that route. If he isn't, trade him if we get a 4th or 5th. If we are only offered a 6th, let his sit out the first part of the year (he needs an accrued season to be a F.A.) and have him fresh for the 2nd half.

I certainly wouldn't try to trade him now unless that's the best option. It probably isn't.