Browns General Discussion

candyman93

25 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Yeah, cut him and pay his salary and get nothing in return or keep him pay his salary and get a comp pick. The only advantage is your doing Mayfield a favor and I don't see them caring about that.

Yeah, also could fine if he plays up to lower the salary cap too 

I'd love him to play like 8 more games for the Browns with a Watson suspension and see him ball out. If he played well we could get a 1st for him 

27 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

Yeah, also could fine if he plays up to lower the salary cap too 

I'd love him to play like 8 more games for the Browns with a Watson suspension and see him ball out. If he played well we could get a 1st for him 

I don’t think fines lower cap hits 

The national media and some idiots on Browns Reddit say we “have to cut baker or he will be a distraction.” 

Lol

I have a feeling Watson is going to be a *slightly* bigger storyline. I would LOVE for the media to ask about Baker instead.

1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

The national media and some idiots on Browns Reddit say we “have to cut baker or he will be a distraction.” 

Lol

I have a feeling Watson is going to be a *slightly* bigger storyline. I would LOVE for the media to ask about Baker instead.

The two aren’t mutually exclusive though, the media is gonna beat both topics to death.

Depending on what happens with Watson, I still think it’s likely best for all parties to be adults and figure things out if/when they can.  Not gonna happen, but it would be best.

1 hour ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Are you sure? I don’t think the Texans got a cap break when watson sat out last year. 

Pretty sure. Watson never lost a game check. He was paid for his season in totality. He was also allowed in the building, was just inactive the whole year while dealing with the criminal charges.

If a player is a no show for 4 weeks they lose those games checks and it comes off of the cap. Same with suspensions, those are lost game checks that don't end up as part of the team's salary for the year. Although that money is supposed to go to charities but I guess it's a write off and not going towards a players salary.

Not an expert though or anything close to it. It's just from memory from a man who has a memory probably as bad most of your grandparents.

I want full drama and distraction. I want Baker fined for missing mini camp and I want awkward press conferences. I want this to linger and I want it to unfold in trash can fire fashion all around because that’s WWE attitude era style entertainment.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MWil23 said:

I want full drama and distraction. I want Baker fined for missing mini camp and I want awkward press conferences. I want this to linger and I want it to unfold in trash can fire fashion all around because that’s WWE attitude era style entertainment.

I want this too, but it won't happen. Both sides will be civil and probably purposely boring about the saga.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, MWil23 said:

Baker goes away for 6 months. Comes back under a mask, 40 pounds heavier changes his name and becomes a linebacker. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, NudeTayne said:

I want this too, but it won't happen. Both sides will be civil and probably purposely boring about the saga.

Baker will give us a  twist, he ain't no simp by either playing really well for the Browns like a passer rating of 104 or something ot purposefully throwing a game losing int to pitt 

1 hour ago, Kiwibrown said:

Baker will give us a  twist, he ain't no simp by either playing really well for the Browns like a passer rating of 104 or something ot purposefully throwing a game losing int to pitt 

I find it very unlikely that Baker suits up and extremely unlikely that he is ever active for a game as a Brown.

Any gamesmanship will happen via media. I'm pretty surprised Baker and his camp hasn't already got the ball rolling but it probably will happen once he is cleared to fully go. Instead of waiting for something to happen he can release info (that fans and media are already accusing him of) or just be such a malcontent that the team is prodded to release him or trade him at low value. That's how every other athlete does it, don't see why this should be different.

I still see Baker as the good guy in the situation and the Browns as the villains. Fans and media have created things to make it seem otherwise but when you just look at the facts it's 99% the Browns were scummy. Add in the media/fans speculation being spoken as fact and it gets cloudy. 

Yeah... Baker was horrible in the locker room. Yeah, Baker leaked stuff that hasn't really been leaked. Baker is a bad teammate. Baker is a worse person than Watson because Watson is probably innocent and Baker rubs me the wrong way and I didn't consent to that rub.

Meanwhile... Browns seem to have blindsided Baker. Browns traded for a guy who just escaped criminal sexual assaults charges days earlier because of lack of evidence (he said/she said) and still had 2 pending and 22 civil cases pending and gave him all of his money guaranteed and a boatload of top picks.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thomas5737 said:

Yeah... Baker was horrible in the locker room. Yeah, Baker leaked stuff that hasn't really been leaked. Baker is a bad teammate. Baker is a worse person than Watson because Watson is probably innocent and Baker rubs me the wrong way and I didn't consent to that rub.

This

I don’t want to turn this into a Baker / Deshaun thread.

However, I’ll be curious to see what’s more valued: Roll over cap or a draft pick. I’m not a GM, but I’d want the draft pick. So eat 14 mil or higher to get a better draft pick.

Edited by candyman93