Browns General Discussion

candyman93

37 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Kinda random, but does Watson still have any endorsements….?

Gotta imagine his only income is going to be contracts.

I’m not sure but that contract should take care of any or those lost endorsements. I don’t think nfl players have anything near what nba players have in endorsements anyway. 

• Like 1

He chartered a private jet for the group, which quickly grew to about 30 players -- almost everyone on offense. He hoped for a turnout of at least 20, but received 27 yeses right away. A couple of players are still scrambling to get their passports in time. 

It includes offense linemen as well as skill players. 

Watson booked a block of rooms at a luxury resort in Nassau and is footing the entire bill. The trip will feature on-field workouts each day, as well as private group breakfasts and dinners.

Myles and Denzel will be doing a similar thing for the defense.

https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2022/05/deshaun-watson-treating-browns-offense-to-bahamas-trip-this-weekend-for-on-field-work-and-team-bonding.html

8 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

It’s not going to be anything. Part of the investigation. Goddell already said he’s not going up rule ahead of the courts

The civil courts? That doesn't make sense. I'd like to see where he said that, that's never been how they handled business from what I recall.

Doesn't mean they can't or won't do it but Watson won't win all of his civil cases and if they use that to suspend him he will lose millions. If he is suspended half the season next year it would cost him 23 million. If he is suspended this year it will cost half a million. Seems like it would be cheaper to settle and take the suspension this year.

“With Alex, he was really a favorite across the organization – scouts, coaches and our research and strategy group. We like him because he is a player who profiles as what we call a big end or a strong-side end, but with Alex, he really has the versatility to rush outside and inside.

“We love his frame. We love his ability to rush the passer. This is a guy who when we brought him in for a 30 visit, everybody just spoke glowingly. He is very driven, he is very smart and a very humble individual and we think he is a player who can really grow into the ideal big end for us and rush inside and out. We are excited to have him. He is a perfect scheme fit for our defense.”

Article on Alex Wright.

This confirms what I’ve believed schematically. We want massive DEs that can slide inside.

I do believe that we wanted Von Miller and Jerry Hughes. However those guys would have been exceptions.

I don’t think Clowney is in any hurry. It’s possible he already knows what his intentions are and just doesn’t feel like having extra off-season obligations. I don’t think the demand is changing in the next month or so from his perspective. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, NateDawg said:

I don’t think Clowney is in any hurry. It’s possible he already knows what his intentions are and just doesn’t feel like having extra off-season obligations. I don’t think the demand is changing in the next month or so from his perspective. 

Sure seems like he is just trying to avoid any extra on field work at this point, but man am I getting tired of Clowney dragging his FA out to the bitter end every single offseason.

2 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

Sure seems like he is just trying to avoid any extra on field work at this point, but man am I getting tired of Clowney dragging his FA out to the bitter end every single offseason.

I mean, yeah. 

You like doing work you don’t have to?

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I mean, yeah. 

I'll never forget the laugh a veteran coworker/friend gave when someone offered him more responsibility with the same pay.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I mean, yeah. 

No, but this is the 3rd consecutive year Clowney has done this and its gotten to the point where its became annoying, especially for a guy who is constantly upset no team will commit to him long term and could use every rep imaginable to take his game to the next level. 

28 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

No, but this is the 3rd consecutive year Clowney has done this and its gotten to the point where its became annoying, especially for a guy who is constantly upset no team will commit to him long term and could use every rep imaginable to take his game to the next level. 

Who cares if it’s annoying as long as he produces on field. 

19 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Who cares if it’s annoying as long as he produces on field. 

I think the thing that is annoying is the uncertainty. I feel confident there is a Handshake deal in place. I think Clowney likes it in Cleveland, hell we pursued him for 2 years...so he cant feel anymore wanted than that. I think the money he is getting offered is close, and I think he knows he has a chance to strengthen his legacy playing opposite M.G.., the whole two former #1 overall bookends and all. I think he also knows that after winning the SB next season, that he will be able to live in Ohio the rest of his life and not pay for a meal, drink or Haircut the rest of his life. LOL

BUT, until his name is on a contract, some team can Swoop in and upset the apple cart. For instance if Carolina comes in and offers double the money we do, with 65% of it guaranteed over the next 3 seasons....that might do it, getting double money to go home? That might be tough to turn down...

I am with Reg......lets get his name on the dotted line, then we can breath easy....

• Like 1