Browns General Discussion

candyman93

58 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

And for Myles to support the HC and say the behavior is obvious instead of just pretending to not know what people were referring to speaks volumes imo.  Dude must be acting like an incredible ***.

Eh, I don't trust the franchise, team or Myles to to be a good indicator of right and wrong. He might be trouble and he might just have issues with a teammate that is more highly thought of than him.

Purely just speculation but we've seen the locker room divided before over extremely stupid stuff and of course they will side with the popular kids.

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

And for Myles to support the HC and say the behavior is obvious instead of just pretending to not know what people were referring to speaks volumes imo.  Dude must be acting like an incredible ***.

I think they will give him a fair go at getting things right, xoukd be Berry's first draft pick cut.

25 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Eh, I don't trust the franchise, team or Myles to to be a good indicator of right and wrong.

I think they know right from wrong, it’s not hard, it’s just easier to overlook wrong when someone is good at football.

He might be trouble and he might just have issues with a teammate that is more highly thought of than him.

maybe.  and if you’re pissing the wrong people at any job that’s probably not gonna work out well.  That’s part of “learning to be a professional” I suppose, understanding workplace dynamics and where you fit in.

Purely just speculation but we've seen the locker room divided before over extremely stupid stuff and of course they will side with the popular kids.

I don’t know if there’s any division at all, seems to be one player being sent home for what sounds like maturity issues and a player supporting the coach’s decision 

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I don’t know if there’s any division at all, seems to be one player being sent home for what sounds like maturity issues and a player supporting the coach’s decision 

I was just saying there was division in the past.

I'm sure there are many Browns players who really wished they had a different franchise QB. No way you gather over 50 people in a room and they are all accepting of who he is. It doesn't mean that they won't do their job but but at some point emotions will overflow and there will be friction, hopefully those with a sound mind who won't outwardly support Watson will have a sound mind and not make it an issue.

I could see the team chemistry being fragile. On top of that, as with any team you will have a lot of players passionate for winning and others passionate about themselves.

14 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

I was just saying there was division in the past.

I'm sure there are many Browns players who really wished they had a different franchise QB. No way you gather over 50 people in a room and they are all accepting of who he is. It doesn't mean that they won't do their job but but at some point emotions will overflow and there will be friction, hopefully those with a sound mind who won't outwardly support Watson will have a sound mind and not make it an issue.

I could see the team chemistry being fragile. On top of that, as with any team you will have a lot of players passionate for winning and others passionate about themselves.

I’ve seen more important players more openly accepting of Deshaun than there were of baker

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Dawgpoun8017 said:

I can guarantee that the most important thing going through these guys heads is who is gonna help me win more

Some. Some don't care that much about winning, just how it is. Some would rather be popular. Same with every team.

You said they were more accepting of Watson than Mayfield not that they thought they would win more. There is a difference. I would bet a lot of money that some of the guys in that locker room are creeped out by him. Which is the normal response. You certainly aren't going to say that to the media.

I'm not going to get into a quote war. Some said positive things about Baker after he left. Obviously no one is going to say anything negative about the guy the Browns just gave 235 million dollars guaranteed. I don't recall any team mate saying anything negative about Baker while he was here either. Some "liked" OBJ's stuff but if they were in his circle they probably felt compelled to. I think Garrett was put off that Baker said you can't swing a helmet at someone after the Steelers game but he never said anything publicly.

Anyway, until a lot of information comes out about Baker he is a much better man than Watson. That can't be debated.

My aunt may only have a Yelp review of 3.8 as a babysitter but I'm still choosing her over the pedophile with a 4.2 rating. He may be the better babysitter, more attentive or whatever but you know...