Browns General Discussion

candyman93

The elf must be holding something over you guys in here. Last I checked I saw a bull mastiff dropping a hot moist pile of **** on the, hence the name BROWNIE the elf. I thought for a second the dog (er dawg) would just eat the  useless weird looking…uhm thing? But that pile of ****…er brownie is just evidently just not appetizing. At least to sane folk. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Bonanza23 said:

The elf must be holding something over you guys in here. Last I checked I saw a bull mastiff dropping a hot moist pile of **** on the, hence the name BROWNIE the elf. I thought for a second the dog (er dawg) would just eat the  useless weird looking…uhm thing? But that pile of ****…er brownie is just evidently just not appetizing. At least to sane folk. 

Girl Why Dont We Have Both GIF

8 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I mean, I’d ******* hope so. Maximizing the impact of your most talented players is coaching 101.  Peewee coaches have this concept down.

No question, but "players instead of plays" is very often a disconnect for so many coaches, even in the NFL. So many live and die by their system that refusing to evolve is more or less in their nature. Going away from that and adapting into a "players" model is cool to see.

Look at Mike Shanahan for example. Sure, he won 2 Super Bowls, but after TD, he got so arrogant he basically used JAG after JAG in his ZBS and refused to commit to any of them, pridefully thumping his chest at what a savant he was with his system.

TBH, I wouldn't be surprised to see his son have a similar career arc, whereas dudes like Andy Reid constantly evolve.

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

No question, but "players instead of plays" is very often a disconnect for so many coaches, even in the NFL. So many live and die by their system that refusing to evolve is more or less in their nature. Going away from that and adapting into a "players" model is cool to see.

I guess I’m saying this is the layup.  I’m hoping he challenges himself a bit and tailors his offense to Brissett, runs more smoke and mirrors BS, a package for Dobbs, and spamming the run until the opponent stops it.

We need him to coach his *** off the next 10 weeks.

Look at Mike Shanahan for example. Sure, he won 2 Super Bowls, but after TD, he got so arrogant he basically used JAG after JAG in his ZBS and refused to commit to any of them, pridefully thumping his chest at what a savant he was with his system.

To be fair, those jags produced though. Allowed more money and resources to be spent elsewhere.

TBH, I wouldn't be surprised to see his son have a similar career arc, whereas dudes like Andy Reid constantly evolve.

Shanny’s system is always going to produce a competent run game, but it takes more than that to win.  Reid is not only evolving, he’s innovating and thinking outside the box. Still can’t believe the eagles fired that dude.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I guess I’m saying this is the layup.  I’m hoping he challenges himself a bit and tailors his offense to Brissett, runs more smoke and mirrors BS, a package for Dobbs, and spamming the run until the opponent stops it.

We need him to coach his *** off the next 10 weeks.

We need to start off 3-1 or 4-0 and then put them in a position to win UGLY. And tbh, I love his aggressive mindset, but if York continues to kick his butt off, that may mean settling for FG and hoping your defense continues to impress against teams like Pittsburgh, Baltimore, etc.

Against teams like Buffalo, yeah you need TD to win.

To be fair, those jags produced though. Allowed more money and resources to be spent elsewhere.

Sure to some extent, but I still maintain that attitude, not the concepts itself with those RB's, is why he never evolved as a coach. He had the same attitude with QB's. In "his system", they'd thrive. Then you get content with Bubby Brister and Jake Plumber at QB.

Shanny’s system is always going to produce a competent run game, but it takes more than that to win.  Reid is not only evolving, he’s innovating and thinking outside the box. Still can’t believe the eagles fired that dude.

Any good coach evolves over time and is looking for constant improvement...or really any player for that matter as well.

• Like 1