Browns General Discussion

candyman93

56 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

It means you’re finally coming to your senses. Elfs have nothing to do with football or the browns. It’s just a stupid cutesy marketing ploy to sell elf merch to kids. 

I remember when I first found out about the elf many moons ago I literally started laughing!  I thought I was being joked around with. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Nick will never pass Jim Brown, but he could finish #2 all time.

I wouldn’t say it’s not possible for him to pass Jim Brown eventually. I think it just depends on his longevity. If he has an average season this year, he will be halfway there. Five more seasons after that of 1200 yards per season and the record is his. 

16 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

It means you’re finally coming to your senses. Elfs have nothing to do with football or the browns. It’s just a stupid cutesy marketing ploy to sell elf merch to kids. 

And what exactly do seahawks, patriots, broncos, bengals, etc have to do with football ? They are all marketing ploys :)

3 hours ago, pscottdai said:
19 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

And what exactly do seahawks, patriots, broncos, bengals, etc have to do with football ? They are all marketing ploys :)

10 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Those are the names of the teams. We’re not called the cleveland elf’s. 

The Browns have been using Brownie the Elf since 1946 as their official mascot. Paul Brown even messed around with adding him to their helmets. Then Art Model arrived in 1961 and decided to phase out the mascot, because he was an awful human being.

Scrabble: The elf has nothing to do with the Browns

Also Scrabble: I love the Philly Phanatic (probably)

philadelphia-phillies-phillie-phanatic.g

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

The Browns have been using Brownie the Elf since 1946 as their official mascot. Paul Brown even messed around with adding him to their helmets. Then Art Model arrived in 1961 and decided to phase out the mascot, because he was an awful human being.

Scrabble: The elf has nothing to do with the Browns

Also Scrabble: I love the Philly Phanatic (probably)

philadelphia-phillies-phillie-phanatic.g

Baseball is so incredibly boring it needs these Sesame Street characters to make it entertaining. And at least baseball isn’t putting its silly mascots face on the field. 

• Like 1