Browns General Discussion

candyman93

52 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Lol there is no reason whatsoever for a RB to need to run out of bounds there.  It put us up 13 with less than 2:00 left.

Just do what every other team has done for decades (literally) and close out the fookin game.

With the new onside kick rules, well not so new anymore but the changed rule makes it really tough to recover an onside kick unless you get a crazy bounce of the recovering team screws up. Obviously we screwed up but that was just one part of the three part collapse. The defense still gave up a huge play and then allowed another TD drive against Joe Flacco and the Jets.

Yeah, we probably don't fumble a snap and win if Chubb doesn't score. We also probably win if he does score. Both scenarios are 99%+ odds of winning. It takes a lot to screw it up if he scores and just a bad exchange and return/drive if he does.

Chubb is clear of blame imo. Woods on the other hand...

• Like 1

Well, it’s been a disaster PR fall out as far as the blame game, personal ownership, etc. since Sunday. And it clearly there is a disconnect on the defensive side. So my guess is this meeting was about putting things in their own hands and taking some ownership, I see this as a good thing. Perhaps getting on the same page with what they say to the media and not throwing each other under the bus also. Dudes seemed to be rowing different directions this week. Even Myles Garrett coming after the fans. Just a messy couple days.

• Like 3

I'd like to know who ran the meeting. Obviously there is a need for someone to step up as team leader and it's usually easiest if it is the QB because of the importance of the position even the defensive players have to respect that position more so than any random offensive position player. I don't know what Jacoby brings to the table in that role but it seems necessary right now to play as a team and respect each other as players and such.

Chubb, Bitonio, Walker, Garrett and Hughlett are team captains but I think Jacoby needs to get everyone on the same page while he is the starter.

On 9/20/2022 at 9:23 PM, NateDawg said:

Well, it’s been a disaster PR fall out as far as the blame game, personal ownership, etc. since Sunday. And it clearly there is a disconnect on the defensive side. So my guess is this meeting was about putting things in their own hands and taking some ownership, I see this as a good thing. Perhaps getting on the same page with what they say to the media and not throwing each other under the bus also. Dudes seemed to be rowing different directions this week. Even Myles Garrett coming after the fans. Just a messy couple days.

still kinda sad that after 2weeks, you need a players only meeting.

Feel like what is going on, is the perfect time for the HC to step up and straighten everything out. Like the perfect moment for the coach to come out and lay it all out for them. call out everyone and himself and Show how everyone is accountable for this. That the mess was made by all of them and it will only be cleaned up by them.

In reality, I dont really trust any of the defensive leaders. You have Garrett going after fans, questioning them for not being able to control their emotions when it came to booing. (hey kettle). I dont think JJIII is a good leader, last 2 weeks is a fine example and him being out for a game last year and he is criticizing things about the game on twitter, trying to clearly stir the pot. You have Ward taking zero accountability for what happen Sunday

Closes thing to a leader to me, might be JOK.

he properly approached this situation better than two former #1 overall picks   

Edited by buno67
  • Like 3

Grahnt Delphin is definitely on my poop list after the first two games. He better get it together or we'll be drafting his replacement ASAP. It doesn't matter how talented you are if you can't do the simple things. If you can't be trusted, you can't play in the defensive secondary.

That said, his D coach is awful. Hopefully when we inevitably blow another coverage late in a game this year, we can show Woods the door and bring in someone else that will get these guys where they need to be.

44 minutes ago, BetterCallSaul said:

Grahnt Delphin is definitely on my poop list after the first two games. He better get it together or we'll be drafting his replacement ASAP. It doesn't matter how talented you are if you can't do the simple things. If you can't be trusted, you can't play in the defensive secondary.

That said, his D coach is awful. Hopefully when we inevitably blow another coverage late in a game this year, we can show Woods the door and bring in someone else that will get these guys where they need to be.

Delpit has been disappointing this year. He showed a lot of promise last year, but was asked to do less it seems. Dude needs to get it together and it'll be a shame if he doesn't, because you can tell the talent is there.