Browns General Discussion

candyman93

15 hours ago, NudeTayne said:

Nah. He wants off the team. It's in his eyes. He'll be traded for peanuts and most in this forum will call it elimination by subtraction, even though he's going to be better than Peppers if he stays healthy--big if. Folks will call Dorsey a neanderthal for trading Peppers for decent value but will applaud when the Harvard idiots get a 5th for Delpit. So is the way.

Or, he might be tired of the Cleveland media, and me knows they are going to try to create a rift for a story (though the line of questioning is fair)

And easy way to avoid a rift or quell media drama is to just say “I screwed up” etc. Unless he genuinely doesn’t think he did, in which case, there are bigger issues at hand and nobody can help the man. Delpit definitely has the talent to stick in this league, I’m just not sure if he has the mentality yet.

8 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

And easy way to avoid a rift or quell media drama is to just say “I screwed up” etc. Unless he genuinely doesn’t think he did, in which case, there are bigger issues at hand and nobody can help the man. Delpit definitely has the talent to stick in this league, I’m just not sure if he has the mentality yet.

That sounds so easy but we all know thats not how it works, coaches barely admit faults, let alone players. I personally want to make sure its not a Woods issue before I totally grill Delpit (which It could be) but I've seen less talented guys figure it out, its up to the DC to put him in position to be successful, just saying.

Just now, MSURacerDT55 said:

That sounds so easy but we all know thats not how it works, coaches barely admit faults, let alone players. I personally want to make sure its not a Woods issue before I totally grill Delpit (which It could be) but I've seen less talented guys figure it out, its up to the DC to put him in position to be successful, just saying.

Yeah I don’t have any confidence in Woods at all but could he really be that bad in that situation as the DC. Man, I hope not. I really think it was a blown assignment but who knows. Both dudes need to figure some things out

23 minutes ago, brownie man said:

I don’t mind Ward not taking the blame. He’s from Cleveland so you gotta expect he’s getting some family and friends push back on that play. 

it’s on Woods to make sure that doesn’t happen communication starts with him. Such a ridiculous stupid play 

I get not wanting that stink on you for sure, but take some responsibility.  “It ain’t me” by the whole defense is a bad look.

But yeah, Woods needs to call a defense and roll with it when communication is clearly an issue.

Ward/Depit not taking any blame. Garrett complaining about fans booing. Nick Chubb says the loss is his fault.

Nick Chubb comes away smelling like flowers while the rest have some stink to them. There is a lesson in there somewhere. I realize they may be acting fake to act like Chubb but so many players play for themselves or their next contract and Nick Chubb just shows everyone what an ideal athlete looks like. Or, acts like. What a great team player.

Also he is wrong, that loss had nothing to do with him. If you are incompetent enough to blow a 13 point lead with 90 seconds left and the other team has no timeouts you could just as easily fumble a snap and turn it over and lose in OT or after a 2 point attempt.

• Like 5

45 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Ward/Depit not taking any blame. Garrett complaining about fans booing. Nick Chubb says the loss is his fault.

Nick Chubb comes away smelling like flowers while the rest have some stink to them. There is a lesson in there somewhere. I realize they may be acting fake to act like Chubb but so many players play for themselves or their next contract and Nick Chubb just shows everyone what an ideal athlete looks like. Or, acts like. What a great team player.

Also he is wrong, that loss had nothing to do with him. If you are incompetent enough to blow a 13 point lead with 90 seconds left and the other team has no timeouts you could just as easily fumble a snap and turn it over and lose in OT or after a 2 point attempt.

People like Chubb as much for what he doesn’t do as for what he does.

No flashy sht, no nonsense, no preening for attention, just a dude who comes to play every single week and acts like a professional. 

He’s reliable and low maintenance and an absolute treat to watch play ball.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Thomas5737 said:

Chubb shouldn’t take responsibility for nothing 

that’s on Stefanski 

he’s got to clearly explain what’s happening. There’s no excuse. Because it is confusing to know if he went out of bounds would we still have the ability to knee the entire game out. 

that’s too much to think about as a player. That’s on Stefanski. This loss is on Stefanski. If he would’ve told Chubb clearly that we could close out the game even if he ran out of bounds and stopped the clock I’m 100% confident Chubb doesn’t juke back in and he goes out of bounds. 

Stefanski said he didn’t tell them and he took blame for this so I’ll take him at his word. But we do have to win this game regardless after going up 2 scores. 

1 hour ago, brownie man said:

Chubb shouldn’t take responsibility for nothing 

that’s on Stefanski 

he’s got to clearly explain what’s happening. There’s no excuse. Because it is confusing to know if he went out of bounds would we still have the ability to knee the entire game out. 

that’s too much to think about as a player. That’s on Stefanski. This loss is on Stefanski. If he would’ve told Chubb clearly that we could close out the game even if he ran out of bounds and stopped the clock I’m 100% confident Chubb doesn’t juke back in and he goes out of bounds. 

Stefanski said he didn’t tell them and he took blame for this so I’ll take him at his word. But we do have to win this game regardless after going up 2 scores. 

Lol there is no reason whatsoever for a RB to need to run out of bounds there.  It put us up 13 with less than 2:00 left.

Just do what every other team has done for decades (literally) and close out the fookin game.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, NateDawg said:

These guys are young 20’s. They haven’t learned this lesson yet as adults I’m sure. When you take responsibility you own it and it isn’t a big deal.  KS or Woods needed to do that, they are old enough to have been in this situation before.  If Delpit walks in and says yep I messed up, should have stopped that play, I really have to do a better job of x y z.  It’s really hard for the media to ask dumb questions than. Chubb did that exact thing.  He doesn’t have to believe in his heart it’s his fault, being a leader means you fall on the sword from time to time.  Not one player in the locker room went home blaming Nick, they all know they messed up on defense. 

• Like 2