Browns General Discussion

candyman93

9 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

He’s surrounding himself with a LOT more experienced coaches. I feel as a new coach you shouldn’t surround yourself with “newer” guys like Stef did when he got here. Joe Woods was inexperienced and so was some of the assistants.

I wish he’d get some different minded coaches. Musgrave is like Stefanski light. 

18 hours ago, candyman93 said:

He’s surrounding himself with a LOT more experienced coaches. I feel as a new coach you shouldn’t surround yourself with “newer” guys like Stef did when he got here. Joe Woods was inexperienced and so was some of the assistants.

Coaches are always a product of the coaches surrounding them, unless you are an elite coach, most guys rely heavily on the guys to be great coaching their units. I just hate that he didn’t do this in the first place but chose to go with yes men. 

As critical as I’ve been of Stefanski I love the veteran approach (Minus Ventrone)  as far as the staff goes, we need more guys who will A) Provide leadership B) Give constructive criticism and C) Have expert knowledge of their positions

1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

Ncaa Football Please GIF by ESPN College FootballIf anyone knows my knows how much of a fan I was of Hargrave, he could do so much for our defense and he would probably be one of the best interior pass rushers we’ve ever seen with the Browns.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

I'm as far away as you could get from an insider but I'm willing to bet that we don't sign three expensive free agents.

With literally the entire front office and coaching staffs jobs on the line next year though? I bet they go all out. They know they have to get next year correct to justify all of the BS from the past 12 months.

Edited by AkronsWitness

30 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

With literally the entire front office and coaching staffs jobs on the line next year though? I bet they go all out. They know they have to get next year correct to justify all of the BS from the past 12 months.

I don’t know if we can generate the cap space for three starters 

39 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Ive heard rumblings about them wanting/planning on restructuring Watsons deal but idk how true that is

Also: cutting John Johnson would help

To restructure Watson you have to give him more in the future.

We absolutely could free up money (we have some already from carry over from last year) and we could absolutely sign a few expensive free agents and be fine in 2023. You are royally screwing yourself over for every other year and we aren't a team that is in a position to sacrifice the future for one year. We haven't been close to being a team that could contend for anything since 2020.

If we were the Bengals or Bills who have been on the verge then absolutely it would make sense even if it was reckless. We aren't.

Something will have to give.

We could cut Johnson and save 9 million this year but he will be owed 9 million next year and not be on the roster. Next year looks much worse than this year especially if we don't carry over money. Cooper is gone either way I'm pretty sure. We'll need another chunk. Which is trading Garrett/Chubb/Bitonio/Ward or Teller post June 1. And in most cases, you're taking the hit in 2025 so you may have to repeat the process.

6 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

Thr saints have managed to stretch the cap for like 5 more years. It would be interesting to know how dire their situation was.

I'm ready to move on froma few guys who have value. 

Maybe Teller, Newsome and Johnson. I'd love a trade partner foe these guys.

That’s why I’m not worried about it. And by the time it does become a real issue most our big money guy will be older and can be cut like bitonio teller Conklin Chubb cooper

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

I'm as far away as you could get from an insider but I'm willing to bet that we don't sign three expensive free agents.

Just speculating:

1 starter in free agency

1 starter with the round 2 pick

With the last 1, just hope you get lucky between the draft and free agency