Browns General Discussion

candyman93

14 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Clowney ain’t playing here but I’d take him over ogbo who was a completely unknown until like halfway though last season 

What gives me hope about Ogbo is the fact that Berry's strength in terms of personnel seems to be in identifying veterans like this who are ready to take a step up (e.g. Teller, Pocic) - hopefully with Schwartz at the helm this will be one of those cases

12 minutes ago, dawgdish said:

What gives me hope about Ogbo is the fact that Berry's strength in terms of personnel seems to be in identifying veterans like this who are ready to take a step up (e.g. Teller, Pocic) - hopefully with Schwartz at the helm this will be one of those cases

I think that’s more of a Callahan thing for those two. Not many examples of that for non oline players. 

also teller was Dorsey 

Edited by sdrawkcab321
  • Like 2

20 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Clowney ain’t playing here but I’d take him over ogbo who was a completely unknown until like halfway though last season 

Not liking that match up against the 

Ravens,Bengals,or 49ers 

21 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

I think that’s more of a Callahan thing for those two. Not many examples of that for non oline players. 

also teller was Dorsey 

The only group I trust Berry with is the secondary.

Now I think he hit a home run with Elijah Moore, so I will probably end up saying he’s good at trading for WRs next year.

He has played more than 12 games 4x since coming into the league 9 seasons ago. It’s just absurd to give him even a fraction of that money at this point. Even when healthy he’s so much of a wildcard at this point, and not an electric enough player at this stage of his career to be worth the trouble.

On 4/1/2023 at 9:35 AM, sdrawkcab321 said:

also teller was Dorsey 

Hell you could say a lot of the none OL vets Berry has brought in have been a disappointment...

You look at the FAs Berry brought in '20, Conklin was the only one who wasnt a disappointment. You could maybe say Goodson but he was just par for the course. He was a below avg LB, who played like a below avg LB for them. Had dud signins in Billings, Clayborn, Hooper, Joseph, Sendejo.

'21, Malik McDowell was a surprise but it was short lived. You could Say Walker Jr. wasnt a disappointment but he was just an avg LB who plays like an avg LB. Clowney, Hill, Malik Jackson, JJIII, McKinley were all disappointments.

'22 they brought in a lot of guys. Only guys that werent a disappointment was Jacoby and Pocic, could throw the punter in there. The rest of the guys were garbage or did nothing for this team.

Maybe the law of averages hit this year, the last 3 FAs class have been disappointments on the field really, maybe this class this year actually create differences on the field

• Like 1

2 hours ago, buno67 said:

Hell you could say a lot of the none OL vets Berry has brought in have been a disappointment...

You look at the FAs Berry brought in '20, Conklin was the only one who wasnt a disappointment. You could maybe say Goodson but he was just par for the course. He was a below avg LB, who played like a below avg LB for them. Had dud signins in Billings, Clayborn, Hooper, Joseph, Sendejo.

'21, Malik McDowell was a surprise but it was short lived. You could Say Walker Jr. wasnt a disappointment but he was just an avg LB who plays like an avg LB. Clowney, Hill, Malik Jackson, JJIII, McKinley were all disappointments.

'22 they brought in a lot of guys. Only guys that werent a disappointment was Jacoby and Pocic, could throw the punter in there. The rest of the guys were garbage or did nothing for this team.

Maybe the law of averages hit this year, the last 3 FAs class have been disappointments on the field really, maybe this class this year actually create differences on the field

His JJ3 and Troy hill signings were busts. He’s not even good in the secondary. Berry is good at contracts and trades. That’s it. 

5 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

His JJ3 and Troy hill signings were busts. He’s not even good in the secondary. Berry is good at contracts and trades. That’s it. 

Stuff like this doesn’t make sense imo.

Hill and JJ3 had years of receipts showing they can play at a high level. They fact that they didn’t here means either they got paid and stopped trying too we used them in a way that didn’t fit their strengths.

It’s not as if either was a projection. Hill was a good slot corner brought in to play the slot.  JJ3 was a proven, high quality starting safety being brought in to do just that. 

Blame whoever you like but it seems rather obvious the issue wasn’t their ability to play at a high enough level as that had been established well before they got here.

6 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Stuff like this doesn’t make sense imo.

Hill and JJ3 had years of receipts showing they can play at a high level. They fact that they didn’t here means either they got paid and stopped trying too we used them in a way that didn’t fit their strengths.

It’s not as if either was a projection. Hill was a good slot corner brought in to play the slot.  JJ3 was a proven, high quality starting safety being brought in to do just that. 

Blame whoever you like but it seems rather obvious the issue wasn’t their ability to play at a high enough level as that had been established well before they got here.

He gets blame for signing players who didn’t fit the scheme. He just signed guys like he was playing madden. No consideration for what his bum DC wanted to run.