Browns General Discussion

candyman93

22 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

He gets blame for signing players who didn’t fit the scheme. He just signed guys like he was playing madden. No consideration for what his bum DC wanted to run. 

If only there was a solution to this…

Scheme is a whole lot more flexible than talent.

3 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

If only there was a solution to this…

Scheme is a whole lot more flexible than talent.

Coaches never change their schemes. Happens like 1% of the time. So brining in players who don’t fit the scheme is doing a disservice to the team. Why sign players who aren’t going to be used correctly? 

11 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Coaches never change their schemes.

Now you’re just dismissing incompetence.

11 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Happens like 1% of the time. So brining in players who don’t fit the scheme is doing a disservice to the team. Why sign players who aren’t going to be used correctly? 

Because they’re the best players available.  A good coach should want the best talent.  

I understand what SDA is saying.

If Berry drafts a CB in the 3rd round. That guy will probably be the only draft pick I feel confident will produce. I do feel good about Elijah Moore too.

However, it’s hard getting guys who produce period. Just find something you’re good at as a GM and make that your foundation.

4 hours ago, BetterCallSaul said:

He is nice, but is gonna be gone early round 2 I think.

I like Kyu Blu Kelly a little more than Phillips. I think KBK or THT are real considerations in R3 depending on the board. 

I strongly agree with you. 

13 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Anthony Schwartz will survive another year

Hate to see someone who is trying to do the right thing get a season ending injury. Hope they do the right thing and keep him on the PUP list or something so he doesn’t lose his medical. 

34 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Schwartz, Bell, Goodwin, and Grant. One of those guys is gone…my money is on Grant.

Unless Bell looks horrible in camp and/or unless the other guys look great, I'd be very surprised for Bell not to make the team. I think he's close to a lock.

• Like 1