Browns General Discussion

candyman93

1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

You’re kinda right, but Myles Garrett and Nick Chubb have dealt with the exact same problems. I think Denzel is going to be a superstar too and he’s had injuries screw him.

I don’t think it’s a coincidence the 3 I mentioned carry themselves with a certain demeanor in contrast to Njoku and Baker.

Well certain positions scheme and coaches don’t impact you. DEs and RBs truly have one job or their jobs rarely change. DE is going to be outside contain and get QB. Doesn’t really matter what kind of 4/3 scheme it is. RB is know the hole, make your read, and run the ball. You get to say LBs DBs and QBs. Different coaches can have them doing drastically different things in similar schemes. DCs might like their Back sevens doing different things and reading different keys even those it’s basically man 0, 2, or 3. Same with LBs. To me that’s why I’m not too concern with our LBs. I just want guys who can do their jobs. We don’t need super stars. We have enough talent in the front 4 and the back half that should be making all the plays. 

1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

You’re kinda right, but Myles Garrett and Nick Chubb have dealt with the exact same problems. I think Denzel is going to be a superstar too and he’s had injuries screw him.

RB’s don’t typically require development, they’re plug and play.

Myles was a number one overall pick and has basically excelled due to extreme physical gifts. I’m not sure how much he’s “developed” vs he’s just that talented.

I don’t think it’s a coincidence the 3 I mentioned carry themselves with a certain demeanor in contrast to Njoku and Baker.

Ok, but I’m gonna point out it wasn’t Baker or Njoku who were suspended for 6 games last season due to “demeanor”.  Pretending we know what these dudes are about because some have more colorful personalities is a fool’s game.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, pnies20 said:

What’s the deal with Mack? How longs he out for? 

Last I heard it was a severely hyperextended knee and the first doctor said he needed season ending surgery. Getting a second opinion now.

2 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Ok, but I’m gonna point out it wasn’t Baker or Njoku who were suspended for 6 games last season due to “demeanor”.  Pretending we know what these dudes are about because some have more colorful personalities is a fool’s game.

I mean....

One guy wanted to be traded (he still does, there’s just no market) and the other guy brought nothing but heat down on himself.

23 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

I mean....

One guy wanted to be traded (he still does, there’s just no market)

I get it from his perspective, we’ve been unstable as hell and we just signed a big name FA at his postion.

23 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

and the other guy brought nothing but heat down on himself.

Eh, he also had to deal with a guy ignoring the week’s preparations in favor of gut feelings on game day, amongst issues.

His demeanor isn’t why he wasn’t succeeding imo. Sure didn’t stop him the year before.  Or ever before.

What I saw during practice:

It was Baker and OBJs best practice by far. They were on the money all day.

Kareem Hunt is a monster.

Harrison Bryant is still catching everything thrown his way.

Defensive line starters + backups have been great all throughout camp.

Absolutely sucks what happened to Kevin Johnson.