Browns General Discussion

candyman93

4 minutes ago, DawgX said:

I just hate her because she always seems to try to stir up drama. Not because I don't think she has valuable resources as a reporter.

Yeah, I get that.  She definitely takes a soap opera approach to describing things and will seemingly stir the pot at times.

I listen to the podcast she does with Dan Labbe and another chick and it’s p good.  Biased, obv, but keep things fairly real.

She’s right about a lot more than some like to give her credit for.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, hornbybrown said:

Do we still only have two RB’s on the roster? Do we have anyone on the practice squad to bring up?

From today: "In addition, the team has signed RB Nate McCrary and RB Jordan Wilkins to the practice squad". Both were here in training camp. 

6 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

What on earth could we possibly want in a 29 year old RB lol

Found myself asking a similar question about the QB room when we drafted Weeden. Maybe we like a little salt with our pepper (or ginger).

Edited by dawgdish

11 hours ago, NateDawg said:

Makes no sense for us to not do what needs to be done bringing Brisket here. 

We are talking about a starting QB here. 

4-6 week injury. We at week 5. Does it make sense to trade away picks for one or two games?

Plus maybe we have tried but their asking price is to much?

37 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

The season is at stake and it is currently depending on PJ Walker.

I get it, but the other team has to be willing to sell at a fair price. We might only need him for one start. What’s one start worth in draft picks? 
If we could get him for a 7th then sweet, but are they even selling?

4 hours ago, hornbybrown said:

I get it, but the other team has to be willing to sell at a fair price. We might only need him for one start. What’s one start worth in draft picks? 
If we could get him for a 7th then sweet, but are they even selling?

Probably not looking to sell, they are in the thick of a wildcard spot and their starter is on pace to get sacked by far more than any QB ever.

If we could wait a couple weeks their season might start looking bleak but the deadline will have passed.

17 hours ago, NateDawg said:

Makes no sense for us to not do what needs to be done bringing Brisket here. 

We are talking about a starting QB here. 

Suddenly, trading away Josh Dobbs for a 5th rounder seems like a bad move. They did it because of how good DTR looked in preseason--now they wont play DTR because he was bad in 1 game and are instead starting a guy who is not even a top 50 QB in the league.

Whole situation is weird.

Edited by AkronsWitness

4 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

Suddenly, trading away Josh Dobbs for a 5th rounder seems like a bad move

“Suddenly”

Sir, it’s been since Week 4 and we are in Week 8 of this Watson injury nonsense.

Since we had an alleged diagnosis before the Baltimore game, Brisket should have been acquired that weekend headed into the bye, but Berry was clearly playing 4D chess or doing cap work on a napkin instead of being a GM.