Browns General Discussion

candyman93

33 minutes ago, FGK said:

The Browns are a top 3-4 roster being dragged down by a massive anchor at QB. If that changes, the sky is the limit, but if it doesn't, last year is probably the ceiling

Me, FGK, NateDawg, Mike, and Roger are on the realism train with Scrabble squarely on the fence.

That’s a fun dynamic here.

32 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Me, FGK, NateDawg, Mike, and Roger are on the realism train with Scrabble squarely on the fence.

That’s a fun dynamic here.

Mike and realism...

d87c8268-6a86-43d7-9ee0-a351ca28bdd2_tex

• Like 7

On 5/31/2024 at 9:05 AM, FGK said:

The FO did a fantastic job of improving around the edges this offseason. The Browns are a top 3-4 roster being dragged down by a massive anchor at QB. If that changes, the sky is the limit, but if it doesn't, last year is probably the ceiling.

I think we’re a better Pittsburgh with an albatross contract at QB.

Our coaching + Defense + special teams (if it’s like last year) will get us 9 wins.

• Like 1

On 5/30/2024 at 2:07 PM, DaWg_LB. said:

Karl Urban GIFs - Find & Share on GIPHY

Useless semantics.....you're comical.....its not USELESS if it was YOUR name and reputation on the Line, or YOU'RE being Referred to as the defendant in a court case.

The Truth GIFs | Tenor

All that other stuff you said....is emotional.....name calling, me an "apologist".  Name one thing In there I stated that was not facts. I don't tend to get so emotional over such Conversations.....Thats a trait I usually see associated with Women facing facts and logic they "Don't Like"....are you having a bad day or something? 

Sgt. Joe Friday-DRAGNET - Imgflip 

There’s a very good reason my name won’t ever be involved in these types of court cases 

How about instead of semantics we talk specifics. He was investigating for grabbing women and making them grab his penis, forcing women into oral sex, and ejaculating on non consenting women. But he didn’t hog tie and rape anyone so go browns right? 

Posted (edited)

lol we’re being built like the mid 2000’s Steelers. Elite defense + elite RB + elite coaching (Schwartz + Vrabel is freaking nuts and can’t be understated). Establishing a physical culture.

…..and a QB who…..

Edited by candyman93

2 hours ago, candyman93 said:

lol we’re being built like the mid 2000’s Steelers. Elite defense + elite RB + elite coaching (Schwartz + Vrabel is freaking nuts and can’t be understated). Establishing a physical culture.

…..and a QB who…..

Ben didn’t go down with a 6 game injury every time he was breathed on 

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Ben didn’t go down with a 6 game injury every time he was breathed on 

C'mon now, Ben was no physical specimen. He was 6'5" 240, and had quick feet.  His size alone was what allowed him to just stand around back there and fling it. His toolbag was strictly his arm, and dancing in a phone booth.  He's taken the second most sacks in league history (554, behind only TB), because he's not very mobile.  He could just stand back there and wait long enough for someone to get open, because he was tall and could see everything.

And speaking of, DW's only had his first season 2017, and last year, shortened by injury. So what's with the "breathed on" talk?

I swear some of ya'll just have buttcheeks for lips.

Edited by MalcolmBrown

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, roger murdock said:

There’s a very good reason my name won’t ever be involved in these types of court cases 

How about instead of semantics we talk specifics. He was investigating for grabbing women and making them grab his penis, forcing women into oral sex, and ejaculating on non consenting women. But he didn’t hog tie and rape anyone so go browns right? 

Yes, you'll never be young, rich, and using instagram as your Hoe-lodex.  So as far as specifics go, TWO grand juries in TEXAS decided not to indict him. In two districts where it's very very very hard to NOT get indicted.  And people don't think that they would have strung him up if they could?

The stories drew people in, and people made their decisions.  I for one, am STILL staying off of either side.  I don't think he's an angel, nor do I think he's a sexual predator. Major hornball? Definitely. But the decision of TWO Grand Juries to NOT indict him with the testimony from all of those women, is one of the most important SPECIFICS out there that makes it not worth my energy on hating someone who's supposed to be innocent until PROVEN guilty.  Especially when the Texans owner and the main lawyer on the case, Tony Buzbee, are neighbors and likely colluded in the process. They are friends, and that's an interesting specific to me.

I personally am just tired, even amongst my Browns family closest to me, of it being just the popular, and imo, lazy take to just call him a rapist and then base the rest of my evaluation of him with that perspective, which i seehas been happening.

Edited by MalcolmBrown
  • Like 1

On 6/2/2024 at 3:34 PM, MalcolmBrown said:

Yes, you'll never be young, rich, and using instagram as your Hoe-lodex.  So as far as specifics go, TWO grand juries in TEXAS decided not to indict him. In two districts where it's very very very hard to NOT get indicted.  And people don't think that they would have strung him up if they could?

The stories drew people in, and people made their decisions.  I for one, am STILL staying off of either side.  I don't think he's an angel, nor do I think he's a sexual predator. Major hornball? Definitely. But the decision of TWO Grand Juries to NOT indict him with the testimony from all of those women, is one of the most important SPECIFICS out there that makes it not worth my energy on hating someone who's supposed to be innocent until PROVEN guilty.  Especially when the Texans owner and the main lawyer on the case, Tony Buzbee, are neighbors and likely colluded in the process. They are friends, and that's an interesting specific to me.

I personally am just tired, even amongst my Browns family closest to me, of it being just the popular, and imo, lazy take to just call him a rapist and then base the rest of my evaluation of him with that perspective, which i seehas been happening.

Well Done Clapping GIF by MOODMAN

On 6/2/2024 at 2:54 PM, MalcolmBrown said:

I swear some of ya'll just have buttcheeks for lips.

You guys are just FIGHTING to make me come out of mod retirement. And I am not happy about it. We don't do personal insults. Keep it business.

On 6/2/2024 at 3:34 PM, MalcolmBrown said:

I don't know that anybody has said he's a rapist. We have definitely said that he's a serial sexual predator who seemed to assume that his power would make it so that women would do whatever he told them to. Cheer for the guy as an athlete, okay, but it doesn't seem possible to me to think he's a solid human being. And we just don't have to make that case, we can love the team without pretending that everyone on it is a great person.

As to collusion and "they would've strung him up if they could", can I introduce you to the concept of "how our judicial system tends to treat the wealthy"? It's too big of a topic for a sports forum, but, "they didn't indict the mega-rich person" isn't a great proof of innocence, it's kinda par for the course. 

1 hour ago, FGK said:

You guys are just FIGHTING to make me come out of mod retirement. And I am not happy about it. We don't do personal insults. Keep it business.

I don't know that anybody has said he's a rapist. We have definitely said that he's a serial sexual predator who seemed to assume that his power would make it so that women would do whatever he told them to. Cheer for the guy as an athlete, okay, but it doesn't seem possible to me to think he's a solid human being. And we just don't have to make that case, we can love the team without pretending that everyone on it is a great person.

As to collusion and "they would've strung him up if they could", can I introduce you to the concept of "how our judicial system tends to treat the wealthy"? It's too big of a topic for a sports forum, but, "they didn't indict the mega-rich person" isn't a great proof of innocence, it's kinda par for the course. 

Really????  Kind of ironic given the recent court case with a mega/maga rich former president?  Anyways...I don't think "butcheeks" should really bring you out of mod retirement tbh....and most of what you said makes sense, but those that believe this was a money grab for greedy lawyers, and ALLEGED victims, might have a different opinion on Watson.  I get that fandom gets in the way, and blinds people's opinions on athletes, but you have to formulate your opinion based on what are facts, and not necessarily what you interpret as being true.

55 minutes ago, DawgX said:

Stefanski and Berry have been extended.

Smart idea

They both have their flaws. However, their strengths outweigh those flaws.

Stefanski has done an amazing job hiring assistant coaches. That’s not easy for a LOT of head coaches to do because of egos. He did an impressive job week to week last year as well with game planning.

I think Berry is elite at scouting defensive talent. He’s elite at finding scrap yard players from free agency (I include trades).

The only black mark on them thus far has been Watson.