What should be the new name of the Washington NFL team?

scar988

6 minutes ago, TXsteeler said:

Any name with 2 syllables that starts with an R has a leg up imo because HTTR barely has to change.

I also like the idea of a name that keeps "skins" because that's primarily what fans in the area call them, the only one I've seen that works though is Pigskins and that is just kind of bad.

So many of the suggestions I've seen are so genericly terrible though. I mean, warriors? Really?

Roughskins?

51 minutes ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

I think any federal gov name would be lame. Especially Senators who are mostly mediocre lawyers whose only real life skill is begging rich people for money. 

Idk. Some cool animal that hasn’t been used yet. Cobras. Rhinos. They shouldn’t change the name until they actually start losing money because of it.

The Senators were also the name of the old baseball team.  If the Nationals didn’t pick up the Senators moniker, don’t expect Snyder to do it. 

2 hours ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

I think any federal gov name would be lame. Especially Senators who are mostly mediocre lawyers whose only real life skill is begging rich people for money. 

Idk. Some cool animal that hasn’t been used yet. Cobras. Rhinos. They shouldn’t change the name until they actually start losing money because of it.

As a mediocre lawyer, I take offense to being compared to politicians.

Plus at this point, they're mostly just business owners at this point.  Not that many lawyers anymore.  At the state level, that's actually a huge problem because in my state at least, the vast majority have a huge lack of understanding about how law works.

I actually like the Pigskins as a name, of the ones mentioned.  Or they could do like Cincinnati and just be the Reds, if we're trying to incorporate part of the old name.

You've got the Nationals in baseball, the Capitals in hockey, and the Wizards in basketball.  If it wasn't for the basketball team, you could have a good theme going with one of those federal government names.

• Like 2

On 7/2/2020 at 4:24 PM, rfournier103 said:

There are a few suitable options available that don’t sound completely stupid, but Dan Snyder seems to have his heels dug in pretty good on this. He probably thinks rebranding the Redskins would upset diehard ‘Skins fans. On that note, I think that almost all the Redskins fans would get over the name change if the team started winning on a consistent basis. Winning solves a lot of problems.

If Snyder hadn't bungled the Redskins for the past 20 sodding years then there would still be a big enough fan base to rally around the team before it got to this point.  

If the name is changed...

It Should be changed after the Founder...

George Preston Marshall

Washington Marshall

I realize he was the last in the NFL for segregation, but he should be recognized as the founder.

They've already pulled his statue out of RFK stadium.

But we can always say, we are honoring Marshall University, which is in West Virginia I believe.

Put a Marshall badge as the logo.

https://images.app.goo.gl/E7kFXeWG34ikrpNm7