• Tampa Bay
    • Buffalo
    • Philadelphia
    • Seattle
    • LAC
    • LAR
    • Other (specify)

40 minutes ago, Danger said:

Sammy Watkins isn't really a star when he basically had to take a pay cut to stay on the team.

Is Jarvis Landry a star. They are kind of opposite types. Sammy Watkins has been the best wide receiver in the playoffs 2 years in a row? He doesn't bring it weeks 1-17, but he's got star talent.

Just now, wackywabbit said:

Is Jarvis Landry a star. They are kind of opposite types. Sammy Watkins has been the best wide receiver in the playoffs 2 years in a row? He doesn't bring it weeks 1-17, but he's got star talent.

No

This is the most talented team in Saints history. Literally has pro bowlers on every level of both offense and defense. Not to mention, has the best special teams in the NFL with Lutz, Morstead, and Harris. Hasn’t translated to deep playoff runs as of late...but on paper this Saints team is a juggernaut. 

3 hours ago, sammymvpknight said:

This is the most talented team in Saints history. Literally has pro bowlers on every level of both offense and defense. Not to mention, has the best special teams in the NFL with Lutz, Morstead, and Harris. Hasn’t translated to deep playoff runs as of late...but on paper this Saints team is a juggernaut. 

They seem very talented every year. And it seems they've been relatively healthy as well for a few years now. After the past few seasons though, I find it hard to trust this team in the post season. It's hard to annually make it back to where they've been in the playoffs. I think they blew their best shots. I think their window is closed regardless of talent.

6 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

They seem very talented every year. And it seems they've been relatively healthy as well for a few years now. After the past few seasons though, I find it hard to trust this team in the post season. It's hard to annually make it back to where they've been in the playoffs. I think they blew their best shots. I think their window is closed regardless of talent.

They are way too talented to disappear. As I said before...this was arguably the best team in the NFC last year, and this team is better than last year's team.

1 hour ago, sammymvpknight said:

They are way too talented to disappear. As I said before...this was arguably the best team in the NFC last year, and this team is better than last year's team.

Drew Brees worries me. I think he's deteriorating before our eyes. Idk if they'll get the bounces and hidden inches to even get back to where they were last year. A lot has to fall in place to get back there, let alone past that point. But I suppose this is an "on paper" driven thread. So yeah, they are deff up there on paper.

1 hour ago, sammymvpknight said:

Having watched my team face NO and SF back-to-back, SF gets my vote. Trenches are most important and NO just hasn’t had the guards (and will now have a rookie C without an off-season) and don’t have half the Dline of SF.

45 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Drew Brees worries me. I think he's deteriorating before our eyes. Idk if they'll get the bounces and hidden inches to even get back to where they were last year. A lot has to fall in place to get back there, let alone past that point. But I suppose this is an "on paper" driven thread. So yeah, they are deff up there on paper.

Brees' arm strength definitely took a step back towards the end of the season. I think he's got about 6 games in him before he goes full Kafka noodle arm. The Saints are still really talented outside of QB though, and they have Jameis as a back-up. Top 3 LT in the NFL when Armstead is healthy. Top 2 NFL RT in Ramczyk. Added the best C in the draft. Top 3 WR in the NFL in Thomas. Emmanuel Sanders. Kamara is a top 5 or 6 RB. Cam Jordan and Marcus Davenport rushing the passer. Lattimore is a top 4 or 5 CB. Added Malcolm, although he is declining. Interior DL, LB, and the Taysom hill package are really their only weaknesses. 

Edited by Jeezla

Ravens should be getting more love here. Now that is a LOADED team. The addition of Campbell was huge....Of course losing Yanda on the other end is equally as huge. But that team always seems to find competent O-lineman. 

49ers biggest strength is just how deep they are with minimal roster weaknesses. Saints may have more top players. Ravens are loaded all around and if Brown is healthy, that receiving core all of a sudden looks better. Bucs have very few weaknesses and were my sleeper pick this season even before they picked up Brady/Gronk. I think the pick would be between those teams but then you have others like the Titans, Cowboys, Bills and Steelers lurking. 

• Like 2

On 7/7/2020 at 10:29 AM, wackywabbit said:

No. 

Neither is Watkins. Had a good postseason, though.

7 hours ago, sammymvpknight said:

The only thing that held them back in my mind was Demario Davis' age... Totally forgot that they drafted my boy Zach Baun! Baun has serious potential as both an off-ball LB and edge rusher. So, in my mind, that's enough to switch from second to first. So scratch that Indianapolis pick. 

The Saints have so much talent everywhere. I will still pick Indianapolis' OL and RBs over the Saints', but they are very close and the Saints have better QBs, TEs, and DL by a long shot. The Saints' WRs SHOULD have the slight edge, and they have some young guys who could emerge to be really good like Emmanuel Butler and Marquez Callaway. I think there's a little more balance in Indy's secondary, but the Saints' top DBs are better than the Colts' top DBs, if that makes any sense. Actually, now that I think about it, the Saints' DBs could be deeper than the Colts'. I mean, I don't know if their scheme fit is as good, but Jackrabbit Jenkins and Malcolm Jenkins both are proven vets. CGJ is a quality third safety/nickel corner. PJ Williams has shown flashes, and he's not in a starting role, so his ugly plays might not even read their head. Guys like Patrick Robinson and DJ Swearinger should prove to be strong depth, but both are kind of dart throws on any given Sunday at this point.

But yeah. The Saints have 8 DL that I REALLY like, not counting Baun, who could be a terror on 3rd down, so... That's insane. And their top-5 OL should be a good lineup. The question is if Ruiz can be a good guard, or if he plays center, if he can be good there and if Erik McCoy could handle the transition to guard. 

But yeah. This Saints' starting lineup is ridiculous, and certain positions, such as DL, TE, and possibly the DBs to a certain extent, should still be ABOVE AVERAGE in the event of an injury. However, if Demario Davis, Michael Thomas, or the OL get hurt, then it could be devastating to the team.