WASHINGTON REDSKINS - OFFICIAL NAME CHANGE THREAD

Thaiphoon

1 minute ago, RSkinGM said:

Quote -Red Wolves, Bravehearts I would think would be no bueno as well!

I was replying to this . Are we all drinkin' today !!?? 😅

Sorry, I only saw the link to the sweet in the quote which is referring to the Warriors. I see what you wrote now. 

I think, as a fan, if we get Washington FC or stick with Football Team I’m gonna roll out. I’ve been put through enough as a fan by Snyder, the least they can do is pick an actual name. I don’t care for soccer and if I wanted a soccer name I’d just watch that sport. It’s not clean or cool, it’s lazy and boring. I’m sure they won’t care when they 35+ crowd like me walks away so it is what it is. 

18 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Finley seems to think it won't have Red in the name either, as it's too close to the old. 

That’s extremely dumb. Look, I understand not trying to offend people. That makes all the sense in the world but going this overboard with it to not include the actual name of an animal is beyond dumb. It’s going to be Football Club because the owner is a petulant child and this is his way of sticking it to them. 

15 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

That’s extremely dumb. Look, I understand not trying to offend people. That makes all the sense in the world but going this overboard with it to not include the actual name of an animal is beyond dumb. It’s going to be Football Club because the owner is a petulant child and this is his way of sticking it to them. 

Why string this out another year if they're just going to stick with what we have? That seems like a silly way to alienate your fanbase.

6 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Why string this out another year if they're just going to stick with what we have? That seems like a silly way to alienate your fanbase.

I’m sure there’s legalities to sort. I mean, it’s not my favorite but the one I see mentioned most amongst fans online is Redwolves. I’d personally prefer Hogs but I think Snyder putting Football Club in the letter spoke volumes. Goodell slipping up and calling them Football Club during the draft. Czabe saying he believes the name will be Football Club. The team president being a huge soccer fan to top it all off. It could be me being crazy and connecting dots that aren’t there but I think this will end with Football Club being the name. This also keeps them from technically picking a new name. 

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

Football Club seems highly unlikely to me.  First, why do all this press now just to change it from team to club?  Doesnt add up.  Plus being called football club doesn’t do what they want, which is to move on and forget about the old name.  Football Club stands out too much from the other team names in the league.  10 years from now they don’t want people asking hey why are they called FC when all of the other teams have normal names.  Oh don’t you remember, they had to change it cause their old name was offensive.  They are going to pick some new mascot and be done with it.  

• Like 2

15 hours ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

Not sure if I like it or maybe eventually it will grow on me but I wouldn’t be surprised at all if this is the new name. This name checks a lot of boxes for people today. 

I sure hope this is not it, but I'm afraid this a very likely scenario.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

To tag into what @lavar703 has been saying, I saw a transcript on reddit showing that Jason Wright's favorite was Warriors, but after reviewing everything it was removed. I can't say it was a leader in the clubhouse, but it had Wright's stamp. 

Wasn'y my choice but I coulda lived with it , especially if we got to keep the spear or feather .,.. alas/....

7 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

To tag into what @lavar703 has been saying, I saw a transcript on reddit showing that Jason Wright's favorite was Warriors, but after reviewing everything it was removed. I can't say it was a leader in the clubhouse, but it had Wright's stamp. 

Yeah, he said it on JPs podcast today. I do believe that was the direction the team was going and they must’ve got serious blow back or like I said had a tough time getting the trademark back. I’m fine with it. Like I’ve said several times now, my favorite is the Hogs. For me, it gives me the chance to still feel the same about this team and it gives fans the ability to still remember the old days. But that’s me and I understand others don’t like that name.