Around the League 2020

Bobby816

Minny is really going all in this year by signing Yannick because they are going to be in cap hell the next two years.  According to OTC, they only have 12.5M this year so Yannick will have to take less which really goes against his beef with Jax.  Maybe he just really wanted out of Jax like JA wanted out of here. 

The other option is to restructure some player contracts which will push money down the road which is really going to hurt Minny with the reduced cap levels.

The third issue with this signing for Minny is that their current star pass rusher, Hunter, still has 4 years left on a 14.4M deal.  If Yannick is going to sign for substantially more than that next year, I am sure Hunter is going to want a raise considering he has has 14.5 sacks the last two years.

https://overthecap.com/yannick-ngakoue-headed-to-the-vikings/

17 minutes ago, xrade said:

Minny is really going all in this year by signing Yannick because they are going to be in cap hell the next two years.  According to OTC, they only have 12.5M this year so Yannick will have to take less which really goes against his beef with Jax.  Maybe he just really wanted out of Jax like JA wanted out of here. 

The other option is to restructure some player contracts which will push money down the road which is really going to hurt Minny with the reduced cap levels.

The third issue with this signing for Minny is that their current star pass rusher, Hunter, still has 4 years left on a 14.4M deal.  If Yannick is going to sign for substantially more than that next year, I am sure Hunter is going to want a raise considering he has has 14.5 sacks the last two years.

https://overthecap.com/yannick-ngakoue-headed-to-the-vikings/

This just isn’t true. Yannik didn’t just want out of JAX... he wanted an actual deal. Not just a tag. Which I totally agree with. I hate the franchise tag. His issue wasn’t money. It was getting a long term deal. So he didn’t just want out and what a huge pay day. 

On 9/5/2020 at 8:58 PM, KingOfNewYork said:

Worst thing about this is that I heard it was because he was struggling with pass pro but like he’s a weapon. Why are you using him in pass pro in the first place. Just odd to me. 

Raiders got rid of him because that and immaturity(affecting on other rookies' character).   Shame on Mr. former draft guru. lol

3 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Osemele looked good last night at LG and look what having an obscene amount of weapons can do to help out your QB. KC didn't even have to use Hardman.

Crazy how much you can get done when you don't keep calling deep crosses. Andy Reid worked the Texans with those RPOs, screens, and quick passes that kept the second level on their heels. Opened up running room for CEH.

36 minutes ago, NJerseypaint said:

I just want one year in my life where we are as good as the Chiefs are right now. They're just a world above.

Gosh. Maybe just maybe one day. When we can find our Hill, Kelce, Watkins, CEH combo that will potentially change. Darnold won't ever be as good as Mahomes and Gase won't ever be Reid though.