Official NHL Thread

roysmyboy31

34 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Rantenen and McKinnon are killing it

McKinnon is going to have a hart trophy in his very near future. I don't know if he gets it this year (though I think he's one of the three finalists at this point), but he's going to get one soon. 

29 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Who else you got with him?

Right now, probably Rinne and McDavid? I don't think that despite being 1-2 in points that the Avs can get two guys into the final three, so I feel kind of bad for Rataanen, but I think McKinnon is viewed as the strong that stirs that drink. Rinne has missed some time, has only played about 2/3rds of Nashville's games, but his numbers are pretty insane, and it's not just  the team - he's among the league leaders in high danger save percentage to boot. 

McDavid is the best player, the team actually isn't as awful as it has been. So long as he keeps them from being a really, really bad team, I think he has to be considered. I thought about Ovie, but so early in the season, he's really driven by that recent tear that he's on. While that can be a boon (see Hall's point streak from last year), it just accounts for too much this early in the season. 

48 minutes ago, Forge said:

Right now, probably Rinne and McDavid? I don't think that despite being 1-2 in points that the Avs can get two guys into the final three, so I feel kind of bad for Rataanen, but I think McKinnon is viewed as the strong that stirs that drink. Rinne has missed some time, has only played about 2/3rds of Nashville's games, but his numbers are pretty insane, and it's not just  the team - he's among the league leaders in high danger save percentage to boot. 

McDavid is the best player, the team actually isn't as awful as it has been. So long as he keeps them from being a really, really bad team, I think he has to be considered. I thought about Ovie, but so early in the season, he's really driven by that recent tear that he's on. While that can be a boon (see Hall's point streak from last year), it just accounts for too much this early in the season. 

Yeah McDavid will be in there. What about Schiefele? Or are they just too stacked...