Official NHL Thread

roysmyboy31

2 hours ago, Josepho said:

I don't know, the draft is really bad this year. a ~26th overall pick isn't THAT appealing.

This is exactly the kind of move the Leafs should've made and more teams should be going all-in while their good players are on ELCs.

I agree. In many cases the nhl overvalues pick placement. 

The best aspect for the Leafs and what, in my view, makes the trade a win for Toronto is they didn’t give up a roster player. Dubas, earning his money.

Just heard an interesting idea floated on TSN.

Earlier today Bergevin stated publicly the Canadiens weren’t ready to contend so he wasn’t trading top prospects or picks.

Following that they floated the idea Montreal might be considering a trade where they buyout a bad contract for a team in return for a roster player. 

They have over 9 million in cap room so it could be a good move.

2 hours ago, Forge said:

Brassard and Riley Sheahan to Florida.

Bjugstad and Jared McCann to Pittsburgh

Makes sense for both teams I think.  Florida gets picks, will probably get more picks when they flip Brassard, and they clear money to make a run at some names this offseason (Panarin).  Pittsburgh gets a bit younger but takes on some future money.  I don't think Bjugstad and McCann are anything special, but they have certainly been better than Brassard and Sheahann this year.  Not sure that's worth a 2nd and 2 4ths but it does make them better today.  

9 hours ago, Madridista said:

Not NHL but great game between BU/Northeastern in the Beanpot semi-finals just wrapped up. Tyler Madden with another amazing celly after an OT winner. Jake Oettinger was a rock for BU to even get them to overtime.

Can't wait to go to the final next week

How did Farabee look for BU?