Official NHL Thread

roysmyboy31

17 minutes ago, Forge said:

I actually don't love that selection if true. Not a huge Eberle fan. Helps Lou shed more cap though. 

That's not shocking. No way in hell you take on those deals. 

I also think they can get positive assets for Jarnkrok. I like him, he's a good 3C. Not a huge fan of Ebs, but I think it's the right move. I'll be honest, I don't get the love for Bailey. Solid player for sure, but he's in his 30s, ideally a bottom sixer and has 3 more years at 5M. NYI has a few of these guys who I think are overrated.

• Like 1

They really need to add some pure offensive pieces. I like a lot of the niche players they selected, but there's not many guys in there I'd look at as scoring 50 points in a year. You're hoping for McCann's puck luck to keep up. 

1 hour ago, Forge said:

They didn't take Max Domi either. I think that one actually makes sense. 

Agreed. He’s injured and I don’t think he’s the type of player playoff teams look for at the deadline. I think his return would be less than what CBJ got for Foligno/Savard. Only makes sense for Kraken if they see him being a long term part of their team and would want to extend him. 

I’m surprised if they wanted defense they didn’t go for Kukan though. I saw some people saying the Kraken need some minor league eligible players as well so I guess that’s why they went with Bayreuther. 

Pretty much the best possible outcome for CBJ. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Blazer026 said:

Don’t understand why they took Queneville, especially with reports we didn’t make any side deals. I’ll consider that a win 

I know Powers said no side deal, but man you have to think there is one. I just don't understand what they see John Q. Even if you didn't want pay Zadarov, you have to imagine someone like Carpenter or Gaudette is a better option FFS.

2 hours ago, Forge said:

Damn, Seattle was all the way out on helping Philly shed a contract lol 

....what the hell are they doing?  Even if they don't want salary we exposed some useful players they could have at least flipped for assets.  Twarynski is not good...

Wonder if we'll see some trades tonight with Seattle taking on cap space?  I can't see any other reason they'd put together this ****ty a team. 

1 minute ago, flyers0909 said:

....what the hell are they doing?  Even if they don't want salary we exposed some useful players they could have at least flipped for assets.  Twarynski is not good...

Wonder if we'll see some trades tonight with Seattle taking on cap space?  I can't see any other reason they'd put together this ****ty a team. 

Supposedly trades are not being announced at all (even leaked), so there should be some announced tonight. 

That being said, apparently there was no side deal involved in Seattle not taking Jake Bean, which is absurd to me. 

11 minutes ago, Canadian Saint said:

Hahahah...ha.....ha. Please excuse me while I lose all hope.

Holland will probably trade for his rights ( he spends draft picks on everything) so he can sign max term at 5-6.5 million per year. 

Im still frustrated but it’s looking like Larson wanted a change of scenery which the talking heads are linking to unhappy memories such as his Fathers death and Klefbom not playing.

Broberg and Samorukov both looked close last year but are LD. Holland will probably trade one of them for a stop gap RD. 

My head hurts.

2 minutes ago, diehardlionfan said:

Holland will probably trade for his rights ( he spends draft picks on everything) so he can sign max term at 5-6.5 million per year. 

Im still frustrated but it’s looking like Larson wanted a change of scenery which the talking heads are linking to unhappy memories such as his Fathers death and Klefbom not playing.

Broberg and Samorukov both looked close last year but are LD. Holland will probably trade one of them for a stop gap RD. 

My head hurts.

Well you called it. I hate this stupid ******* franchise so bloody much.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Canadian Saint said:

Well you called it. I hate this stupid ******* franchise so bloody much.

If they do that I’m going to be totally disgusted.

I haven’t been home, to Edmonton, in a number of years. We were planning on flying out to attend a game this year. Bucket list item to see the new arena.

I will probably just get a tour of the arena and go to an Oil Kings game then check out the AJHL and see the Saints, Crusaders.

Sometimes I wish they would’ve stayed in the WHA then folded. 

The team hasn’t been managed properly since Sather left.