Official NHL Thread

roysmyboy31

13 hours ago, kokichi said:

Hell yeah, same here! I'm also happy that we get to play our first game while the others are still playing pretend. Go Preds! So happy we are keeping Filip.

I'm looking into my crystal ball and optomistically overacheving for a 2nd round bounce. 

Either way, I dont care because it's that magical time of year when we get NFL, baseball playoffs (Go and get another title, Braves!), basketball, and hockey.

Nothing beats October.

Welcome to the forum. 

The NHL thread isn't super active, but there are a couple of big time fans here. 

• Like 1

On 9/22/2022 at 3:53 PM, mattyice0401 said:

Mackinnon like,

Tom Cruise GIF by Jerology

Good for him. Great player, on a great team, thats extremely well built.

He really didn't. He's probably worth 14+M a year under todays cap. He was pretty kind in say just give me 100K more than McDavid and I'm good.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, mse326 said:

He really didn't. He's probably worth 14+M a year under todays cap. He was pretty kind in say just give me 100K more than McDavid and I'm good.

He is not worth 14M a year, hes never even hit a 100+ points in a year, and is often injured. Hes the highest paid player in the a professional sport is being considered kind?

Edited by mattyice0401

12 hours ago, mattyice0401 said:

He is not worth 14M a year, hes never even hit a 100+ points in a year, and is often injured. Hes the highest paid player in the a professional sport is being considered kind?

Because you have to consider the cap changes as well. As the cap increases what the top players are worth increases. 

And putting your limit at 100 is a nice arbitrary line. He had 99 in 18-19 and 93 in the Covid shortened year; well over 100 pace. Even missing some time last year, not much as it was still shortened, he was 3rd in Hart and has 2 second place finishes as well. He is easilly a top 5 if not top 3 player in the league

Who is making more than $10 mil a year you would take over him. McDavid and maybe Matthews. That't it. McDavid's contract is 5 years old. If he was on the  market today he'd get way more.

• Like 1

On 9/22/2022 at 2:53 PM, mattyice0401 said:

Mackinnon like,

Tom Cruise GIF by Jerology

Good for him. Great player, on a great team, thats extremely well built.

Yeah right now, I'm at the point where I'm like let them win the division.

I'm just rooting against the Blues and Stars for the Preds to get 3rd in the division and then hope for the best in the playoffs.

I can't even hate the Avalance. They are so good, and not an annoying team at all.