Official NHL Thread

roysmyboy31

Congrats to the Caps and their fans. Best of luck in the ECF.

The Pens simply ran out of gas. No one bothered to show up in the series but Sid and Jake. Heck of a two year run. Now I can just sit and relax watching the postseason. Hoping every game goes into OT ;)

• Like 1

I know it sounds foolish of me to have faith in the Caps in the playoffs, but I have the feeling they'll finally take this one against the Pens.

As the old adage goes, third time's the charm. 

Hate to say I told you so. ;)

Congrats to the Caps for FINALLY getting that monkey off their back, but I don''t see them getting past Tampa TBH.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, 1BackInBlackFan said:

Congrats to the Caps and their fans. Best of luck in the ECF.

The Pens simply ran out of gas. No one bothered to show up in the series but Sid and Jake. Heck of a two year run. Now I can just sit and relax watching the postseason. Hoping every game goes into OT ;)

would like this but i'm out of likes lol

can't say i'm happy with the result obviously but **** me sideways with a rusty sport what an amazing run this has been over the last three years, and i am happy to have been able to be a part of it as a fan... don't think that we'll ever see a pens team again as good as this one and most of all they'll be back next year to do it all again... 

playing more than anyone else in the last two years'll gas ya alright

first year since 2008 the champ isn't gonna be pittsburgh, boston, the kings, or chicago which is just crazy, but we'll give the league this one so they're all back on the league bandwagon next year when the pens make it three in four ;) 

• Like 1

Not NHL related, but I thought that this was pretty crazy. 

Lehigh Valley Phantoms goalie Alex Lyon finished with 94 saves on 95 shots as the team beat the Charlotte Checkers 2-1 in five overtimes, making it the longest game in the 82-year history of the AHL.

Alex Krushelnyski scored 6:48 into the fifth overtime period, giving the Phantoms the Game 4 win of the Calder Cup playoff series between the AHL affiliates of the Philadelphia Flyers and Carolina Hurricanes.

Krushelnyski's score came at 1:09 a.m. local time, more than six hours after the game started.

Lyon's save tally is the second-highest total in league history. Lyon, 25, who started seven games for the Flyers this season, stopped the last 79 shots he faced while shutting out the Checkers over the final 119:56 of the game.

94 saves on 95 shots...are you kidding?  I remember the Pitt / Philly Primeau goal game and what a war that was. Kudos to these two teams. 

• Like 1

Huge swing in the Caps favor late in the first where Kucherov had a really nice goal disallowed for Tampa having TMM.  This was with 7 seconds left in the period.  Right off the faceoff, Ovechkin scores on one of his trademark one-timers with less than 5 seconds left in the period to put them up 2-0.  Washington had the better of the Lightning that period.