Official NHL Thread

roysmyboy31

On 5/22/2018 at 2:15 AM, the lone star said:

The expansion draft was way too effective.

-Florida being really stupid

-Columbus being stupid

-Lots of players having career years/close to it

-Flower standing on his head a bunch

Seattle will get punished like crazy for this for their expansion draft, but they shouldn't. This is really cool case of literally everything happening to fall into place right, not the draft being too effective

• Like 1

On 5/24/2018 at 7:53 PM, ninerfanwheelz said:

-Florida being really stupid

-Columbus being stupid

-Lots of players having career years/close to it

-Flower standing on his head a bunch

Seattle will get punished like crazy for this for their expansion draft, but they shouldn't. This is really cool case of literally everything happening to fall into place right, not the draft being too effective

I was thinking about that Seattle expansion draft as well. I know that officially they haven't announced it, but I have to think that is coming in the next few years (if I remember right, they even started building the arena already, even though the team hasn't been landed). I hope that they don't change a thing on the expansion draft. I think it's great to be able to have a team come in and be competitive right away, particularly in hockey where markets can be a struggle. Even with New Jersey's success, we haven't had the greatest record of profitability and attendance. When you throw teams into non traditional hockey markets, it can be tough to get it to stick (Atlanta, Arizona, etc). Vegas may have been a struggle as well, but everyone is all in on them right now here, and I think that's a great thing. Getting to be competitive out of the gate, rather than trudging through 5 years of unbelievable badness and mediocrity can only help. Sure, it may be an artificial interest level to some degree, but you'll also create some die hards right out of chute. 

• Like 1

On 5/23/2018 at 9:07 PM, bkobow05 said:

Thank god. After almost a decade, I'll actually be okay with either team winning the Cup. Either Ovie gets his or Vegas does the unthinkable. 

Is it really unthinkable at this point? Vegas is  the better team.