Week 4 Postgame: GB 35 • CHI 14

Cakeshoppe

44 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

so you're saying if he went full speed he would have just about got in?

RichRod actually does look much improved this year.  Still don't want to him on the field too much though.

~Glad Hawkins is playing.  Brice being back was good too.

~I like Aaron Jones' athleticism.  He and Williams especially need to be more patient though.

~Glad Lane Taylor is a competent back-up LT.

~Bennett still has speed, but it looks like it takes some time to build up.  He isn't threatening much in the spread looks.  Not very quick.

I can see why Damarious was a little peeved. He played fine last week and played fine until the last play of the half. I wouldn't say there was a huge reason to pull him. However with how he acted, they may have had plans to insert him back in the game after a series or two and just tossed it away.

He and Mac had a meeting today, I hope it was productive. If they can't develop one of him or Rollins than CB is still a huge need for us.

Just now, Packerraymond said:

Im thinking they told him to leave so he wasn't available to the media. Every player in that locker room has to be available, so the best way to keep it internal was to send him home.

Hopefully, otherwise that's a big problem. I don't want them to drop him bc he hasnt been terrible so far this year. Hes a good No.3-4 corner.

Something like this - gotta be more than just an isolated incident. Talked to him at the Detroit airport where he and others were on their way to GB their rookie year and he seemed like a humble, smart, well spoken guy. He was shocked that I knew some things about him and was even more shocked when I mentioned his backpedal video in his gold (or maybe they were yellow) cleats. Gunter was there too in his white Miami track suit, but he was kind of off by himself. Others were there too but can't remember.

You have to remember these are still kids, and if House is right, Randall's problems are all mental right now. I can totally understand how frustration could become an issue. Changing positions, first round pick, injuries, and now confidence issues. I certainly don't condone an attitude problem if there is one, but this thing is still solvable. We have seen glimpses of the physical tools, ball skills, range and make up speed. This is probably the first time in his life that he has struggled on the football field. Some react better than others. LIS it's unfortunate we got so young so quick, sounds like the guy could use a veteran roommate. I wonder if bringing in a guy like Al Harris as an assistant could help this group

28 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

If they can't develop one of him or Rollins than CB is still a huge need for us.

Randall doesn't need to develop at all to be a serviceable 6th DB.  With House and King and a bunch of versatile safeties, I think we are ok, so long as we keep House.  Even losing Burnett, if we have Brice, HHCD, and Jones those are 3 guys who should see the field.  I thought Brice had a nice bounce back game this week, even coming off injury.

If things stand pat, CB is a mid round pick type of position for us.  Let's see how Hawkins and Pipkins shake out; both have the raw talent to play in the NFL. 

I've been saying all offseason that Rollins is washed, and could probably be released at this point with no consequence.  He's never shown anything, ever, in the NFL over 2+ seasons.  Randall has played fine, but not great, but he competes when he's on the field, and can cover No 2 WRs on the outside.  Let's hope he can get his head straight since he's still an important part of this D.

22 minutes ago, HokieHigh said:

the look on jordys face when adams went down... then this quote.

"That one got to me—that's when you really start thinking about this game."

methinks his days of fooseball are numbered

Yea, Jordy's reaction and Randall Cobb kneeling down next to him were what really scared me about the play. Was glad to see Davante moving around and glad on the news today, but that was really scary and tough to watch, especially since we know they are all buddies and all close. I can't imagine seeing a close friend/teammate go down like that and have to think about the possibilities.

12 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

Randall doesn't need to develop at all to be a serviceable 6th DB.  With House and King and a bunch of versatile safeties, I think we are ok, so long as we keep House.  Even losing Burnett, if we have Brice, HHCD, and Jones those are 3 guys who should see the field.  I thought Brice had a nice bounce back game this week, even coming off injury.

If things stand pat, CB is a mid round pick type of position for us.  Let's see how Hawkins and Pipkins shake out; both have the raw talent to play in the NFL. 

I've been saying all offseason that Rollins is washed, and could probably be released at this point with no consequence.  He's never shown anything, ever, in the NFL over 2+ seasons.  Randall has played fine, but not great, but he competes when he's on the field, and can cover No 2 WRs on the outside.  Let's hope he can get his head straight since he's still an important part of this D.

Rollins issues are that he both lacks football instincts and is physically limited. In short, he has not demonstrated that he can play at this level his limited contributions as a 4th CB as a rookie notwithstanding.

As for Randall, he is both more physically gifted and instinctive than Rollins. Unfortunately, he appears to have significant issues meeting the professional/mental aspects of the NFL game. Unlike Rollins, who just seems to lack what it takes to play the game physically, if Randall can be reached mentally, he can still contribute. I am starting to wonder whether that will ever occur in Green Bay, however. 

This whole Randall thing just gets me thinking back to Davante in 2015, or even Eddie.

Yeah they are professionals and need to perform to expectations but at the same time they are 23-25 year old kids. 

They start off strong, and they are going to be the next superstars, then have a couple bad games and are garbage. On top of that, you know they hear what the fans and media say.

Would you be frustrated if you had to constantly hear in the newspapers and on the internet that you were terrible at your job and deserved to be fired?

I think many of us would have the same reaction as Damarious. I am not excusing his actions but I do not want him cut over this. I'm sure they will get this squared away

Archived