Week 4 Postgame: GB 35 • CHI 14

Cakeshoppe

By the way, did Geronimo play any snap at all? I know he didn't record a single reception and I don't really remember watching him out there. As soon as the top 3 WRs are healthy we seem to ignore everyone else. I'd say last night was a pretty great situation to give some burn to Geronimo or Davis.

16 minutes ago, Packer_ESP said:

By the way, did Geronimo play any snap at all? I know he didn't record a single reception and I don't really remember watching him out there. As soon as the top 3 WRs are healthy we seem to ignore everyone else. I'd say last night was a pretty great situation to give some burn to Geronimo or Davis.

I know I for sure saw Allison out there for at least one play and that was before Adams injury. 

I am still having trouble with that dirty hit.

I don't see how he wasn't ejected, and 1 game isn't enough. That was an intentional move to hurt someone. He could easily end someone's career like that. If it's not at least 4 games, it'll be hard to believe "being aggressive about player safety" is anything more than lip service for PR/legal purposes.

Positives

McCray, Taylor, Linsley, Patrick, Evans  Four games in 4 different starting o-lines.  Job well done.

MM - Some really nice scheming last night.  Good game plan.

Aaron Jones -  He ran hard and needs to see more snaps regardless of the injury situation

Josh Jones - Very instinctive and looked fast all night.  More good plays than bad.  

AR -  Obviously

Defense - Created turnovers and short field opportunities.

Negatives

Randall - Cannot quit on your team

Injuries - Montgomery, Adams, Williams.  Down to 1 RB and a FB now.

TO usage  Lack of timeouts late in the game caused them to not be able to challenge the "tipped punt"  

17 minutes ago, eyecatcher said:

Positives

McCray, Taylor, Linsley, Patrick, Evans  Four games in 4 different starting o-lines.  Job well done.

MM - Some really nice scheming last night.  Good game plan.

Aaron Jones -  He ran hard and needs to see more snaps regardless of the injury situation

Josh Jones - Very instinctive and looked fast all night.  More good plays than bad.  

AR -  Obviously

Defense - Created turnovers and short field opportunities.

Negatives

Randall - Cannot quit on your team

Injuries - Montgomery, Adams, Williams.  Down to 1 RB and a FB now.

TO usage  Lack of timeouts late in the game caused them to not be able to challenge the "tipped punt"  

We have two running backs on the 53 btw

Offensively I think it was a great GP by Mac. He has those games where everything he calls works (the NE game a few years ago comes to mind. ) It just really bothers me how he handled Monty the first series. 

Jones looked real good, was more impressed with him than Williams, that's for sure.

The make-shift offensive line held up. Mad props to Jahri Evans, he showed up to play today.

1 hour ago, Packer_ESP said:

I noticed that as well. With the state of our offensive line I'm guessing MM is reluctant to go 4 wide, but that used to be his bread and butter. Matching up our 3's and 4's against theirs was good for us back in the day. Allison can provide that again

4 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

I dont like Monty being injured of course but I want to see what Jones can do on turf with a full starting OL in front of him (hopefully) these next 2 weeks. The guy just has more bounce in his step and looks comfortable as a runner. 

i was kinda hesitant with the excitement i kept seeing about Williams after he was drafted... & up until his injury he just hasnt looked like a good spell for Monty. but im am 100% on the Jones hype train. hes the kind of RB ive wanted to see MM invest playing time into for years now (jones & monty i think is a much better combo compared to monty & williams for this offense)

Archived