Week 4 Postgame: GB 35 • CHI 14

Cakeshoppe

11 hours ago, spilltray said:

I am still having trouble with that dirty hit.

I don't see how he wasn't ejected, and 1 game isn't enough. That was an intentional move to hurt someone. He could easily end someone's career like that. If it's not at least 4 games, it'll be hard to believe "being aggressive about player safety" is anything more than lip service for PR/legal purposes.

Reminded me of the hit Lacy took against Washington a season or two ago... was engaged with several defenders, and then the safety (forget the name dreadlocks and known for targeting) saw that and came down to lead with the crown of his helmet right onto Lacy's earhole.

These hits are an order of magnitude worse than the bang-bang defenseless receiver hits where the defender and receiver meet at the ball with speed resulting in scary collisions. 

1 hour ago, incognito_man said:

i don't recall what this quote was from

21 hours ago, incognito_man said:

both had good games.

21 hours ago, MathMan said:

In the MM presser, he said we found out a lot about our young guys.

You know he means Jones.

Watch out, Dallas.

12 hours ago, WeJadedFew said:

Reminded me of the hit Lacy took against Washington a season or two ago... was engaged with several defenders, and then the safety (forget the name dreadlocks and known for targeting) saw that and came down to lead with the crown of his helmet right onto Lacy's earhole.

These hits are an order of magnitude worse than the bang-bang defenseless receiver hits where the defender and receiver meet at the ball with speed resulting in scary collisions. 

worse ethically for sure. but in terms of force there is a lot more when two players are running in opposite directions, compared to one player running full speed into someone stood up straight

On September 30, 2017 at 9:01 AM, HokieHigh said:

worse ethically for sure. but in terms of force there is a lot more when two players are running in opposite directions, compared to one player running full speed into someone stood up straight

yup, they're the sports equivalent of a sucker punch. Dude's engaged with other people maybe mouthing off, and the "tough guy" punches him in the jaw from the side.

4 minutes ago, St Vince said:

Well thanks to GB looks like the Trubisky era starts next Sunday. I'm kind of nervous this kid will turn out to be a franchise QB for my most hated rival.

I kinda wish he would have played against Green Bay...I mean, Glennon was more likely to hand the Packers the game, but I wanted to see Trubisky instead.

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

I kinda wish he would have played against Green Bay...I mean, Glennon was more likely to hand the Packers the game, but I wanted to see Trubisky instead.

Togh task on short week.  Trubisky getting g few reps with the 1's.   As Romo noted during the broadcast,  after the bye week made more sense, mini bye week about as good.

Watsons success in Houston might be part of it.

Archived