Packers Forum Week 5 GDT - Packers vs. Cowboys

CWood21

34 minutes ago, ChaRisMa said:

I don’t understand why NFL teams don’t dress guys they’d prefer sat out the week, but would use if the game wasn’t going their way. Say Adams gets cleared—let’s dress him, have him active, but only use him if we aren’t winning easily. He can either be a spark off the bench or get another week of rest.

Limited bodies for ST.  Being active on GameDay means in in on O, D or ST.

15 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

If the next CBA allows for more active players - that opens up those types of if/then options for some players.

However - What MM has said in the past is that if a guy is cleared by the Docs, he plays. If he isn't, he won't. There doesn't seem to be a medical opinion that says: break glass in case of emergency

A playoff game may be different in the eyes of the coaches and players

Agreed. Need the actives to be able to play some ST if they are not in on O or D

1 hour ago, ChaRisMa said:

I don’t understand why NFL teams don’t dress guys they’d prefer sat out the week, but would use if the game wasn’t going their way. Say Adams gets cleared—let’s dress him, have him active, but only use him if we aren’t winning easily. He can either be a spark off the bench or get another week of rest.

Giants did this exactly with OBJ his first week back. Teams will risk it for a superstar, but in most cases need the roster spot.

Have we seen Montravius Adams at all? I think he's cleared to go. Feel like this could be a good week to have an extra power pig in the trenches.

Also I'm not sure how people aren't worried about Beasley. He honestly scares me more than Butler. He can keep drives alive and it's not like we have a nickel that we trust in the slot. Longer drives let that mauler o-line wear us down and Zeke do his business. 

Strange confidence going into this one. Extended rest. Some guys coming back. Probably the better team on paper. Playing on the road, but against a team we've had success against and it's in as friendly of an away environment as we're going to find off the West Coast.

7 hours ago, justo said:

Strange confidence going into this one. Extended rest. Some guys coming back. Probably the better team on paper. Playing on the road, but against a team we've had success against and it's in as friendly of an away environment as we're going to find off the West Coast.

hi

8 hours ago, justo said:

I have confidence too assuming guys actually come back. We need our tackles in there against Lawrence and co. The only way Dallas' D can survive is if their front 4 gets pressure so they can drop 7 into coverage. That's possible against the line we had in there last week, not so if Bakh and Bulaga play. 

On the other side of the ball, we need Daniels badly for this game. House would be nice too because without him, we basically have King and Hawkins who are playing decent ball and no one else apparently given Randall's and Rollins' current situations. Without House, I all of the sudden feel "thin" again at CB. 

21 minutes ago, NormSizedMidget said:

Veldheer got ate alive by Lawrence. But he's pretty damn bad at this point. I'm slightly scared what he'd do against another backup caliber OL guy. Looks like he's some well all season regardless.

Read somewhere in the past week that DLaw is leading the league in QB pressures with something like 22... which was I believe 8 more than the closest.. Von Miller. Contract year for him. With their misfortunes on the DL, its gonna be huge for Dallas to lock him down

1 hour ago, packerrfan74 said:

Read somewhere in the past week that DLaw is leading the league in QB pressures with something like 22... which was I believe 8 more than the closest.. Von Miller. Contract year for him. With their misfortunes on the DL, its gonna be huge for Dallas to lock him down

Yeah his stats are nuts so far. 

Just now, packfanfb said:

He's a manimal. Even Bulaga would have some ups and downs against him IMO, but more ups than McCray, and without help constantly. 

His talent was always there to see. Didn't know he had this in him. But the game I watched closely he feasted off one guy but you can see the numbers are weekly too.

2 minutes ago, NormSizedMidget said:

His talent was always there to see. Didn't know he had this in him. But the game I watched closely he feasted off one guy but you can see the numbers are weekly too.

Honestly, he's the prime reason they even have 2 wins. In the Giants and Cardinals games, Dallas was able to sit back in coverage to help their poor secondary because Lawrence and the front 4 in general dominated Manning and Palmer (who can't move or escape pressure). Defense more than offense won those games for Dallas. 

Archived