Packers Forum Week 5 GDT - Packers vs. Cowboys

CWood21

Really great to see all those guys practicing. I'm still concerned about Ty though, only takes one really good hit to injure his ribs even worse or cause an internal injury. We need him for the long haul, I would highly consider making him a healthy scratch. 

1 hour ago, Haha21 said:

Really great to see all those guys practicing. I'm still concerned about Ty though, only takes one really good hit to injure his ribs even worse or cause an internal injury. We need him for the long haul, I would highly consider making him a healthy scratch. 

There was one running play of Ty's against Atlanta that stood out to me....He winced while anticipating being tackled....This was before his current injury, so I can only imagine we will see more of this (?).....Sore ribs will surely be targeted by the Dallas defense, so I too would vote for proceeding with caution....

1 hour ago, Haha21 said:

I'm not sure "healthy" would be the way to describe him missing the game. But I knew what you meant. 

It really depends what he can wear to protect himself. They said from day 1 if there was risk of internal injury from a play in the upcoming game that he wouldn't suit up. I'd assume if he plays, that they found a way to make sure that was not an issue. Our staff is typically conservative with getting guys back from injury. 

Unless there is 0% risk though, I'd rather rest him a game. Jones looked good to me, and while Monty offers you more in the passing game, I think I'd rather ensure he comes back healthy for the rest of the season. I really wonder just what kind of flak jacket they will have him in. 

5 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

Ty's broken ribs won't heal for 4-6 weeks.  I'm not sure resting him one week is gonna do much of anything.

Meh. Have you ever broke a rib? Hurts like hell for the first week. By the end of the second week, you dont feel much (if any) pain.

3 minutes ago, DocHambone said:

Meh. Have you ever broke a rib? Hurts like hell for the first week. By the end of the second week, you dont feel much (if any) pain.

yes,  I would wake up in intense pain weeks afterwards.  Couldn't return to sport for 5 weeks.

6 hours ago, skibrett15 said:

yes,  I would wake up in intense pain weeks afterwards.  Couldn't return to sport for 5 weeks.

Interesting. I guess I hope Monty's experience is more similar to mine than yours. I just broke(cracked) a rib a little over a month ago. It was as very painful for the first week, but by the end of second week it felt mostly normal and pressure/contact towards the rib was not painful.  

On ‎10‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 11:00 PM, plan9misfit said:

Aaron Rodgers is going to abuse us in a very unpleasant way. I literally expect him to throw for 400 yards and 4-5 TDs based on how bad our defense is.

Hopefully 5 TDs. Then his sequence for TDs in each game so far this year will be 1-2-3-4-5. How cool would that be?

Archived