NFL Investigating Washington Over Possible Rooney Rule Violation

MKnight82

14 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Smh.  If we get docked draft picks for any of this crap, I think I'm done with this team.  We'll never get out of our own way.

Bateman, I'm not even sure he even left- so he's really a not new hire. Snyder used him as a consultant for the time he was "gone" and come on man, we replaced a guy with a woman .. POINTS !!!!!!!!

They should have interviewed more people for Bateman’s position and if they didn't, that's shame on them. Snyder's buddies shouldn't just always get those positions bc they're yes men, and us as a fan base shouldn't condone that either.

I disagree if they are saying that hiring Julie Donaldson wouldn't meet the Rooney rule, she is a woman and while she's not a minority, hiring a woman should fill that requirement as well.

3 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

So, this will sound dumb I guess, but I figured Julie was okay as a woman since that's so rare in this league as well. I'll have to look into the Rooney Rule more, but I guess it's ethnic minority only. 

It's more about them being a minority but in this realm I think them hiring a woman should meet it bc women in general are minorities in sports front office and coaching positions.

Bottom line is you aren't going to convince a minority that you met the Rooney Rule by hiring a white woman. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

NFL worried about hiring practices while being sponsored by concentration camp slave labored Nike.

For Thai's health. Im going to walk away from this one.

Send me a Message if you don't mind discussing this comment. 

Edited by Skins212689

From the PFT link, they explicitly cite that the Rooney Rule requires a minority or a woman be hired for senior staff positions, so I am not sure what the Fritz-Pollard Alliance is getting at with the Davidson hire, unless PFT is quoting wrong information.  

Here is a quote from a NY TImes article back in May detailing the changes:

The Rooney Rule will also be applied to more executive positions in front offices. Clubs must interview minorities or female applicants for all senior positions, including club president and executive roles in communications, finance, human resources, the legal department, football operations, sales, marketing, sponsorship, information technology and security.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/19/sports/football/nfl-rooney-rule-minority-coaches.html

It seems that the Bateman hire is the one that will draw the heat.

I can't seem to find what penalties they will face.  Since this is a non-football related executive position, my guess would be a fine.    

• Like 1

2 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

From the PFT link, they explicitly cite that the Rooney Rule requires a minority or a woman be hired for senior staff positions, so I am not sure what the Fritz-Pollard Alliance is getting at with the Davidson hire, unless PFT is quoting wrong information.  

I can't seem to find what penalties they will face.  Since this is a non-football related executive position, my guess would be a fine.    

Well they can fine the hell out of Dan Snyder as far as I’m concerned and I’d endorse that! Haha 😂 

15 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

The issue is if they didn't even interview a minority for the position at all. It seems to me Snyder just gave it to Bateman w/o interviewing anyone else and he didn't interview a person of color and that's in direct violation of the Rooney Rule. The idea of the Rooney Rule is to just interview minorities, not that they have to definitely get the job. I mean w/o the Rooney Rule guys like Mike Tomlin may have never been found or would have never risen to the point where he’d be HC.