What are the best units that are terrible at some level you have ever seen

patriotsheatyan

6 hours ago, HoboRocket said:

So yeah. The argument could be made about plenty of other teams in recent years that had awful QB play. Heck, the 2015 Broncos won a chip. They had a million weapons and a great D, but QB play was terrible.

I forgot about that. Manning is a strong contender then, because he was dreadful in his final season with all of that ammo to work with. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

I forgot about that. Manning is a strong contender then, because he was dreadful in his final season with all of that ammo to work with. 

Yeah, I remember a lot of people being kind of excited when he got hurt. Heck, people wanted BROCK OSWEILER to remain the starter over Manning.

On 7/26/2020 at 7:59 PM, BleedTheClock said:

2017 Eagles...whatever Eagles team won the chip. 

Bradham and Mychal Kendricks were pretty good that year.  I won’t argue against their current lbs are being terrible though.

The secondary was weak in ‘17.  The leads and the pass rush masked it, but it was noticeable all season and culminated in the super bowl.  They might be a better fit for the list than the lbs, especially if you just look at cbs.

• Like 1

On 7/29/2020 at 8:33 AM, KellChippy said:

Bradham and Mychal Kendricks were pretty good that year.  I won’t argue against their current lbs are being terrible though.

The secondary was weak in ‘17.  The leads and the pass rush masked it, but it was noticeable all season and culminated in the super bowl.  They might be a better fit for the list than the lbs, especially if you just look at cbs.

They had good LBs overall. Jordan Hicks played really well, too, and ended up being a coveted free agent as a result. All three LBs were really nice. But yeah. Secondary was DEFINITELY the sole weakness of that team. That's why they spent multiple high picks on CBs AND traded for Ronald Darby, and it STILL struggled.

On 7/25/2020 at 6:13 PM, patriotsheatyan said:

What’s the best offense with a bad QB you have ever seen?

Los Angeles.  Definitely Los Angeles.  Nothing else comes close.  

They still managed to get to the Super Bowl with Goff, and he's just dumpster trash.  

On 7/29/2020 at 9:46 AM, jebrick said:

2008 Steelers for the Oline.  Won the SB despite the horrendous Oline Willie Colon, Darnell Stapleton, Justin Hartwig, Chris Kemoeatu, Max Starks.  Starks was the only one worth a damm.

Hell no, and it's obvious you weren't even watching.  

Starks had the tangibles, but had no drive.  Didn't want to play football whatsoever. 

14 minutes ago, RamblinMan99 said:

Starks had the tangibles, but had no drive.  Didn't want to play football whatsoever. 

Have you ever thought about maybe studying up on how to interact with people? I'm going to be honest, it needs work. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RamblinMan99 said:

Thats comical coming from you, Rambler.   

Starks wasnt great by any means, but he was the best player on that particular OLine, and its not even debatable.   The entire interior OLine was garbage that year, and Colon was laughably inconsistent.  That was the first year Starks played at LT and he was surprisingly decent.

So, to the surprise of NO ONE, its pretty clear its YOU who doesnt know what you're talking about.

We traded trent richardson away and we got the moving corpse of Willis mcgahee. 

His first game he had like 8 or 9 Carrie's for 0 yards or something. 

Our offense was hot that year Josh gordon put up 1600 yards in 14 games. Looking like a young randy moss. 

We had the qb group of weeden, Hoyer, and Jason Campbell, who all played different shades of throw it up to gordon and jordan Cameron. 

On 7/30/2020 at 7:45 PM, RamblinMan99 said:

Los Angeles.  Definitely Los Angeles.  Nothing else comes close.  

They still managed to get to the Super Bowl with Goff, and he's just dumpster trash.  

He was 4th in passing yards (4,600+) with 32 touchdowns the year he got to the Super Bowl. He was also 3rd in the league for game winning drives. 

I know you're being facetious, but I thought I would shed some light on how well he played.