COVID in Baseball Thread: 2 Mets Test Positive

ramssuperbowl99

2 hours ago, Canadian Saint said:

You have to imagine Twins/Cleveland will be postponed too considering Twins/Cards played Tues/Wed.

maybe but philly had no players test positive, and half the marlins players had it. Im not sure if on field transmission is a big concern.

They need to mandate masks for baserunners, fielders when there is a baserunner on, batters, catchers, and umps behind the plate

If they did that, the risk of team to team transmission would be significantly decreased

1 hour ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

The fact that there wasn't internal compliance officers anywhere is mind boggling to me.

Because Manfred wants this to happen. If the players are careless then he's not the evil person who cancelled baseball, it's the players fault and the owner's get what they wanted in the first place. He's going with the "galaxy brain" approach.

Edited by beekay414

1 hour ago, beekay414 said:

Because Manfred wants this to happen. If the players are careless then he's not the evil person who cancelled baseball, it's the players fault and the owner's get what they wanted in the first place. He's going with the "galaxy brain" approach.

Honestly, probably. It's why I can't blame the players so much for like, going out or not adhering strictly cause if the league CLEARLY was not taking this seriously at all then why should the players take it seriously? You have to have systems in place to ensure people understand the seriousness that even doing small things can do, instead everybody is just going "**** it man, can't hurt me" and now the entire Miami Marlins roster and coaching staff have COVID.