Will Roethlisberger win any more Super Bowls?

notthatbluestuff

Will he?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Will he?

• Yes
    • No
    • Only if he goes into coaching

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/08/04/ben-roethlisberger-i-still-want-to-win-lombardis/

Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger met with the media on Tuesday and said that he never considered retirement after tearing three flexor tendons off the bone in his right elbow early last season.

The injury kept Roethlisberger from playing in the final 14 games of the 2019 campaign and he said he might have considered calling it a career if he felt he “was closer to the end” after the injury. Roethlisberger doesn’t feel that way, however.

While he may not have another decade left in the tank, he thinks he has “good years left in me” and a desire to add some Super Bowl rings to his collection.

“I still want to win Lombardis and I say that with a plural,” Roethlisberger said, via Brooke Pryor of ESPN.com.

Roethlisberger threw on Monday and said that he feels his arm is strong after the extended rehab that followed his injury. The Steelers hope that will remain the case heading into the season and that Roethlisberger will be able to remain on the field for the long run this time around.

Edited by notthatbluestuff

I mean, if any QB in this league could go on a tear, and have one of those Rodgers/Flacco/Mahomes type playoff runs, he's one of them. He already knows what it takes to get there. People might say he doesn't have AB/Bell anymore, but Pittsburgh is virtually a RB/WR factory with the way they develop and churn out those positions. The only thing that I think was hindering the Steelers over the recent years was the defense. And that unit isn't a joke anymore. He has as good a shot as anybody not named Patrick Mahomes right now. But then again, nobody else does.

Edited by Nex_Gen

5 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

I suppose we just like discussing football

Oh, okay.   Thanks for your amazing insight.    I guess I just figured there are more interesting things to discuss than a football player saying he wants to win Super Bowls.    

This thread probably is a lot more interesting if it's about Big Ben saying, "meh, don't really care about the Lombardi's. Just trying to cash those checks and get to travel for free across the country. Let someone else lift that damn trophy, it's kind of heavy"

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 43M said:

Oh, okay.   Thanks for your amazing insight.    I guess I just figured there are more interesting things to discuss than a football player saying he wants to win Super Bowls.    

Check OP again. Quote is a jumping off point, thread is about whether or not we think he can win more. 

• Like 2

Multiple? I’d be very shocked. 

I think he comes back healthy and the team stays healthy for a whole season, they could win another in the upcoming years. The defense is sizing up to be a top tier unit (Nelson, Haden, Minkah all being god sends) and if they can play great football, then I think the offense can play ball control enough to make a run. 

That said, I think this of a lot of teams. Many franchises could get a chip in any given year if all goes well. I think the bigger story here is that this implies Ben wants to play for, at minimum, a couple more seasons. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, 43M said:

Its merely optimism and wishful thinking.    Its not like he is guaranteeing it.   Not sure why this needed its own thread.

Mike Florio started his career by click-baiting people and it seems like he's done well to teach his crew those same tactics. 

• Like 1