Will Roethlisberger win any more Super Bowls?

notthatbluestuff

Will he?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Will he?

• Yes
    • No
    • Only if he goes into coaching

The last time Ben was healthy for a full season, he was still playing at a very high level, and I wouldn’t be shocked if he returned closed to that form. The defense also appears to be strong. A strong defense, good coach, and good QB play is a winning combination in this league.

Multiple Lomabardis is a stretch, but I do think they’re a bit of a dark horse team this year.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sammymvpknight said:

Most QBs drop off by 38. If I had to guess...Ben will continue to have nagging injuries and his production will continue to drop. 

dude has taken a beating his whole career. Only Favre and Elway have taken more sacks all time than Big Ben and it sounds like he is ready to play long enough to top them. 

Capture.png

The way he plays makes this worse too. While Tom is up there in sacks taken (also 4 more years in the league), half the time he is ducking and protecting himself. Ben is the complete opposite, dude fights off every sack attempt to get the ball out and make the play. Not a bad thing, but if he wasn't so good at it he'd probably already be at the top of that list. Basically my point is the dude takes hits like no QB before him. His injury issues last few years are no surprise. 

18 hours ago, 43M said:

Its merely optimism and wishful thinking.    Its not like he is guaranteeing it.   Not sure why this needed its own thread.

"Headline: Ben Roethlisberger states explicitly that he does not want to win any more Super Bowls"

Now THAT would be a thread.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, DannyB said:

"Headline: Ben Roethlisberger states explicitly that he does not want to win any more Super Bowls"

Now THAT would be a thread.

Changed the thread title to stop upsetting people. Of course the article itself is not the premise of the thread; it's merely a prompt for the poll question. 

1 minute ago, notthatbluestuff said:

Changed the thread title to stop upsetting people. Of course the article itself is not the premise of the thread; it's merely a prompt for the poll question. 

The amount of polls I've had to change because folks can't cope. :D  

Notthatblue - how come no option for 'possibly'? 

Edited by Hunter2_1
  • Like 1

New England was kryptonite for Pittsburgh. If that dynasty has truly come to an end, not that I’m a believer of that story, than a playoff Steelers team has their best chance at a ring in years.

That said, the AFCN will be a blood bath division. Will be difficult to consistently make it out of the division considering the formidableness of all the foes. Even the Bengals with a healthy A.J. Green, a more talented QB, and those weapons... even Zac Taylor probably can’t find a way to mess that up. They have the makings of a dark horse playoff unit.

So while I think Pittsburgh could put it all together again as soon as this season or next For a SB win, I don’t think the odds are very high of them going back to back. And I’m not giving Ben more than two legit opportunities to win moving forward.

Edited by diamondbull424
Sp

41 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

New England was kryptonite for Pittsburgh. If that dynasty has truly come to an end, not that I’m a believe of that story, than a playoff Steelers team has their best chance at a ring in years.

Yea but now they have the most dynamic offense in football within their division 

5 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

dude has taken a beating his whole career. Only Favre and Elway have taken more sacks all time than Big Ben and it sounds like he is ready to play long enough to top them. 

Capture.png

The way he plays makes this worse too. While Tom is up there in sacks taken (also 4 more years in the league), half the time he is ducking and protecting himself. Ben is the complete opposite, dude fights off every sack attempt to get the ball out and make the play. Not a bad thing, but if he wasn't so good at it he'd probably already be at the top of that list. Basically my point is the dude takes hits like no QB before him. His injury issues last few years are no surprise. 

Even with his career length I surprised tom is on there. He has been getting away with like 5 grounding calls a game for over the last 10 years.

5 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

Capture.png

the crazy thing about ben sack number is that he has not been hit all that much in the last 4-5 yrs. really gives you a idea on how bad it was for him when he was playing with a bad O-line+ his style of play + Arians style of offense. Amazing that he's still in the NFL at 38, never would of thought he'd make it this far, back in 09-10. I was thinking he'd be done by 35 back then.

Edited by August4th
  • Like 1