Alcohol Thread!

Glen

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Sorry broseph, sitting here with a dumb grin on my face watching Hell on Wheels.

Christmas Ale >>>>>>

Is that the one you keep calling crack? I’ll have to find it somewhere.

wassail might be the smoothest 7.2% I’ve had.

goinf down waaaay too quick. Delicious though.

ever had full sail? Living in the PNW I feel spoiled by our breweries.

i know there’s great breweries all over the world, but much like our coffee, northwesterners are pretty damn picky when it comes to their beer.

My hometown of 2,000 people is home to Walking Man Brewery which has a worldwide fanbase. We have people travel from all over the world to our little crappy town for this incredible brewpub.

If anyone ever makes it to Washington or Oregon there’s a couple places you HAVE to try.

32 minutes ago, devils1854 said:

Anyone ever been to Sergio's World of Beer in Louisville KY?

I was in Louisville last year for a concert, and my friends and myself got there early to do a couple breweries. We were at Apocalypse Brewery(which was damn good), and they told us to head down the street to Sergio's. Over 1700 different beers. It was heaven.

https://www.facebook.com/SergiosWorldBeers/

Freaking crap if you’ve made me real inadequate. 7000 different beers?  6 beers a night would take you 1167 nights to drink! Assuming you don’t go back to your favorite go to. 

Anyways just bought a bottle of the Balvanie 17 year double wood. Had it before and looking forward to it. 

10 hours ago, domepatrol91 said:

i know there’s great breweries all over the world, but much like our coffee, northwesterners are pretty damn picky when it comes to their beer.

My hometown of 2,000 people is home to Walking Man Brewery which has a worldwide fanbase. We have people travel from all over the world to our little crappy town for this incredible brewpub.

If anyone ever makes it to Washington or Oregon there’s a couple places you HAVE to try.

It is.  It's a real gem.

I have a buddy who lived in Seattle and Portland for a bit and he raved about the great breweries out there. 

Never had full sail. Never been to the PNW but I hope to rectify that in June and will have to drink up.

10 hours ago, Bonanza23 said:

Freaking crap if you’ve made me real inadequate. 7000 different beers?  6 beers a night would take you 1167 nights to drink! Assuming you don’t go back to your favorite go to. 

Anyways just bought a bottle of the Balvanie 17 year double wood. Had it before and looking forward to it. 

Double wood eh?

The jokes pretty much write themselves.....

• Like 1

20 hours ago, domepatrol91 said:

1700?!?!?

I don't know if our specialty beer store has that many. xD

I thought our "big" brewery down here was big. I think they've got like a 72 tap cycle they're always changing around. 

Its a house and they have rooms for different countries. Like the main room is all american. The kitchen is all German. Etc....

The most expensive beer there is Miller Lite. Its like $500 for a bottle. Basically they are saying if you are coming there for Miller Lite, then you are an idiot.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, devils1854 said:

Its a house and they have rooms for different countries. Like the main room is all american. The kitchen is all German. Etc....

The most expensive beer there is Miller Lite. Its like $500 for a bottle. Basically they are saying if you are coming there for Miller Lite, then you are an idiot.

Inb4 someone chimes in about how good light beers are and how you have to drink them when you camp.

23 hours ago, domepatrol91 said:

I'm in Seattle a couple weeks every summer. Give me suggestions! 

Just now, titansNvolsR#1 said:

I'm in Seattle a couple weeks every summer. Give me suggestions! 

Drive south to Portland. 

Jk. Seattle is great. Never hit up any of their breweries though.

https://www.ezellschicken.com. Small Spicy was my go to. Great chicken, really cheap food in a part of Seattle most tourists never see.

https://seafoodfest.org If you're there when it's going on. It's a ton of fun. LOADS of good beer there. 

On 11/12/2017 at 6:16 PM, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Inb4 someone chimes in about how good light beers are and how you have to drink them when you camp.

They are good for that though.  Drinking beer all day is half the point of camping.  And i don't want to drink rich beers all day.

My latest drink review comes courtesy of my dad.  He stopped off at a liquor store and sent a picture of a "Rising Creek" Bourbon that was one sale somewhere and asked if it was any good.  I said i had no idea, never tried it.  So he grabbed it and brought it over.

At which point i ripped the top open and poured a couple glasses without paying much attention.  Took a sip and was very confused.

Turns out, he grabbed the Rye right beside the Bourbon because Old People Things.  xD

It's not bad though.  It seems like a decent mid-lower end rye, but not great.  Small notch below something like Bulleit's Rye for me.  It's very drinkable.  But i'm really not that regularly into rye as a whole.  So idk.  At some point now, i've gotta try the Bourbon and see how that stacks up because curiousity.