Alcohol Thread!

Glen

On 1/28/2018 at 12:01 PM, skywindO2 said:

I’m normally a bit of a snob and only drink local beer but I’ve seen that Founders All Day posted here a few times so I bought 6 pack, then proceeded to drink other things all night. I’ll try it next time I drink, maybe. 

Found it in EP? If so I'll check it out too

I just had Blackstack's New England IPA, and I really liked that one. 

8 hours ago, Heimdallr said:

I'm not sure if I'm up for a Winter Dabbler, but I will definitely be going to the Pride and Summer Dabblers. 

Have you been to All Pints North in Duluth? Same concept. That is one of my favorites.

I haven't but I went to last years Winter dabbler and it was awesome. 

So I’m going to be passing through Minneapolis in May, just there one night and my wife and I are obviously fans of breweries.  Is there one in particular that we should hit?

We’ll be staying at the Embassy Suites North near Brooklyn Center if that helps, but I don’t mind drinking a bit.

We’ll have our kids with us, they’ll be 12 and 8, so somewhere family friendly is a must. (Unless the beer is really good, then they get a life lesson. That’s what we called the Strip in Vegas and the French Quarter)

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

We’ll be staying at the Embassy Suites North near Brooklyn Center if that helps, but I don’t mind drinking a bit.

Or driving a bit?

I'd do a Northeast Loop. Most places would allow you bring in a kid at least until 10 PM. Insight Brewery, Indeed Brewery are both where I'd recommend and then Headflyer is also another solid one. Surly is the big one that would definitely be kid friendly, and the patio might be open by then, depending on the weather.

35 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

So I’m going to be passing through Minneapolis in May, just there one night and my wife and I are obviously fans of breweries.  Is there one in particular that we should hit?

We’ll have our kids with us, they’ll be 12 and 8, so somewhere family friendly is a must. (Unless the beer is really good, then they get a life lesson. That’s what we called the Strip in Vegas and the French Quarter)

You'll probably want to go a few miles south to North Loop or Northeast. Tons in that area. Pryes, Fulton, Indeed, Dangerous Man and Modest are all good. Surly is the biggest and most prominent but is always busy and a bit further east. 

I'd recommend Utepils. Easy to get to from where you are, large taproom, kid friendly. It is a little outside the more popular areas so driving is easier and they have a parking lot

13 minutes ago, The Gnat said:

Or driving a bit?

I'd do a Northeast Loop. Most places would allow you bring in a kid at least until 10 PM. Insight Brewery, Indeed Brewery are both where I'd recommend and then Headflyer is also another solid one. Surly is the big one that would definitely be kid friendly, and the patio might be open by then, depending on the weather.

Lol yeah, that too.

Thank you sir.

12 minutes ago, Heimdallr said:

You'll probably want to go a few miles south to North Loop or Northeast. Tons in that area. Pryes, Fulton, Indeed, Dangerous Man and Modest are all good. Surly is the biggest and most prominent but is always busy and a bit further east. 

I'd recommend Utepils. Easy to get to from where you are, large taproom, kid friendly. It is a little outside the more popular areas so driving is easier and they have a parking lot

Much appreciated.