Alcohol Thread!

Glen

Someone tell me a better brewery than Founders, because I would love to try them out. They have to have the deepest catalog out there. 

Two Hearted (Bell's), Lagunitas, and Stone > All Day for everyday IPAs, so by volume they definitely aren't my top consumed brewery. But once you get into the variety I don't think any of them can compete. 

Edited by UofMfan909

9 hours ago, UofMfan909 said:

Someone tell me a better brewery than Founders, because I would love to try them out. They have to have the deepest catalog out there. 

Two Hearted (Bell's), Lagunitas, and Stone > All Day for everyday IPAs, so by volume they definitely aren't my top consumed brewery. But once you get into the variety I don't think any of them can compete. 

Founders is great.  All Day IPA is good, but their Breakfast Stout is my favorite. Good Christmas Ale too.

I always try to grab some when I’m in Michigan visiting my mother-in-law.

7 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Founders is great.  All Day IPA is good, but their Breakfast Stout is my favorite. Good Christmas Ale too.

I always try to grab some when I’m in Michigan visiting my mother-in-law.

KBS and CBS are probably the 2 best releases this year. Love both. Was back in MI over the Holidays and couldn't find CBS anywhere, did find a 4 pack of KBS but it was a backroom thing getting lucky knowing the owner. Sells out fast. 

I just tried Dirty Bastard for the first time and it's also pretty great. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Can't believe it took me this long to enter the alcohol thread. Huge fan of craft beer, love just about every style other than sours. Imperial stouts are definitely my favorite in the colder seasons, the bigger the better. In the summer I love a good IPA or Belgian (tripel/strong/white; dubbels and quads are awesome in the winter). Wisconsin is a great place for craft breweries, really on the rise over the last 5 years. One of the local tap rooms in my area is having an anniversary party tonight, awesome tap list, always look forward to an anniversary party.

As far as hard liquor goes, bourbon, gin and dark rum are my go to's. Only thing I mix is the gin, will usually go with a little olive juice, a couple green olives and whatever I have in my fridge between club soda/ Sprite. Just a cube for the bourbon/rum.

My mentor/lover on here once recommended Stella rose and black so I got a bottle of Stella rose and will see how I like it once my flavor crushing cold is gone

Edited by Tyty
Ninja edit; you didn't see a thing

If I'm planning to make cocktails that call for fresh squeezed lime juice, can I squeeze a bunch of them into a bottle a couple hours earlier and save the juice for later or do they need to be squeezed at the time of making the drink to be considered fresh squeezed? Since I'm making drinks for multiple people, it'll be a lot easier and more efficient to have it before. I've tried the prebottled stuff but it's pretty awful. 

3 minutes ago, skywindO2 said:

If I'm planning to make cocktails that call for fresh squeezed lime juice, can I squeeze a bunch of them into a bottle a couple hours earlier and save the juice for later or do they need to be squeezed at the time of making the drink to be considered fresh squeezed? Since I'm making drinks for multiple people, it'll be a lot easier and more efficient to have it before. I've tried the prebottled stuff but it's pretty awful. 

I'm guessing it wouldn't save real well, but a few hours shouldn't matter. That is what I would do.

8 hours ago, gopherwrestler said:

Random question here:

What would I be allergic to that is in Seagrams 7.
I know that isn't as fancy as some of the stuff y'all are talking about.
Drank it 2 weeks ago and I broke out from it. Tried it again a couple days ago, broke out in dots all over my face again. Just a normal 7-7.

What might you be allergic to? Success.  That stuff is for peasants.

Seriously though, no clue.  Have you ever broken out after drinking any other whiskey?