Week 4 GDT: No Anthem Version

JAF-N72EX

5 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Because both teams are going to fail in LA. The Raiders would have thrived.

The Raiders have an owner who can't afford to build a stadium. The Rams were going because Kroenke had the money and real estate. And the Rams will be fine.

1 minute ago, The LBC said:

And sadly, I can already predict the NFLPA's suggested solution will be less contact in practices and fewer practices which isn't going to do anything more than exacerbate the issue.

You're probably right. Football's a hell of an exciting sport but if I had kids, I wouldn't want them to play it.

7 minutes ago, The LBC said:

Yes, Canadian.  Please tell me how a team that survived for 50+ years in a market is going to fail there now.

You know, when you don't know what you're talking about, it's best just not to speak.  You don't actually have to speak.  The world keeps spinning even if you don't.;)

Aw you got offended at my comments? Bringing in the fact I am Canadian to somehow seem negative is even more funny. Are you denying the attendance has been poor? Do you honestly believe both teams are going to do well in that market? Do you truly, honestly believe it was a wise decision moving both of those teams to LA? And not bringing the Raiders back?

Just now, y*so*blu said:

You're probably right. Football's a hell of an exciting sport but if I had kids, I wouldn't want them to play it.

It's not even that.  It's a grueling sport and in an effort to remove the grueling part the people who are supposed to be trying to help players with their health are doing the opposite.  A lot of positions require a lot of repetition both to ingrain proper technique into muscle memory but also to build up endurance in the muscles (it goes to durability, no different really than strengthening from lifting), you get used to taking the impact.  Now clearly every bone and ligament has a breaking point, but that doesn't mean you can't temper muscles and ligaments.  It's shortsighted thinking that has some very long-term negative effects.

11 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

The Raiders have an owner who can't afford to build a stadium. The Rams were going because Kroenke had the money and real estate. And the Rams will be fine.

Yes, the league approved the Rams because the Rams themselves had the resources. That doesn't mean whatsoever that it was the right move for the city of LA and the league in general.

Hey, i'm not too mad. The Raiders will get the nicest stadium in a city where I can see games whenever I would like. I just find it hilarious that the NFL didn't go with the obvious choice of moving the Raiders there, then seeing the stands half empty already.

Archived