FFMD Season 2021: What would you like to see?

EaglesPeteC

• 1 month later...

Hey guys...  I joined this forum last spring after all the mocks had been launched.  I'm a little confused here...   what is the difference between FFMD and TCMD (other than FFMD is temporarily suspended)?

Edited by dcat

1 hour ago, dcat said:

Hey guys...  I joined this forum last spring after all the mocks had been launched.  I'm a little confused here...   what is the difference between FFMD and TCMD (other than FFMD is temporarily suspended)?

They were two different mocks. FFMD (Footballs Future Mock Draft) was originally a full offseason event (including free agency, salary cap, trades, etc) culminating in the mock draft. Each forum would have a staff for their team with people taking the roles of scouts, coaches, GMs, etc. Signing a good free agent involved writing a "pitch", basically a short essay explaining why your team was the best fit for him. There was also the FFMD2 closer to the draft which assumed the real life results of free agency and was a mock draft, though with trading allowed.

TCMD (Total Control Mock Draft) was created by Mike as an alternative to FFMD. Each team is run by a GM (though some have helpers) and is a bit more detailed than FFMD. Free agents sign with the highest bidders and bidding is secret. So make your best offer right away instead of hoping to top someone else's offer. 

Interest in FFMD1 waned over the years, the forums aren't as busy now as they used to be. The free agency system drew complaints, as the last good free agent at a position would tend to be very overpaid as teams threw money at him. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, sparky151 said:

They were two different mocks. FFMD (Footballs Future Mock Draft) was originally a full offseason event (including free agency, salary cap, trades, etc) culminating in the mock draft. Each forum would have a staff for their team with people taking the roles of scouts, coaches, GMs, etc. Signing a good free agent involved writing a "pitch", basically a short essay explaining why your team was the best fit for him. There was also the FFMD2 closer to the draft which assumed the real life results of free agency and was a mock draft, though with trading allowed.

TCMD (Total Control Mock Draft) was created by Mike as an alternative to FFMD. Each team is run by a GM (though some have helpers) and is a bit more detailed than FFMD. Free agents sign with the highest bidders and bidding is secret. So make your best offer right away instead of hoping to top someone else's offer. 

Interest in FFMD1 waned over the years, the forums aren't as busy now as they used to be. The free agency system drew complaints, as the last good free agent at a position would tend to be very overpaid as teams threw money at him. 

thanks for the history!  good stuff

On 8/29/2020 at 10:25 AM, EaglesPeteC said:

I'd love to hear from people of what they want to see the "FFMD Season" look like.

Hey Pete, if you’re still taking input, I would say that the one thing I definitely want to see is that FFMD is actually a thing.

❤️

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...