Destiny 2

4 minutes ago, showtime said:

I've seen the game with the two DLC's packaged for under $20.  Someone just mentioned the game is free for PS+ subscribers right now.  Also, if people want to wait until Black Friday, Destiny 2 + the two DLC's will be insanely cheap.  Maybe even like $15 for the entire package.  Get that with Forsaken and there you go.

Dodged a bullet?  Lol

My blizzard launcher has it for $60.00, i'm assuming that's $20.00 for the base game and 2 expansions and $40.00 for Forsaken?

23 minutes ago, TXsteeler said:

My blizzard launcher has it for $60.00, i'm assuming that's $20.00 for the base game and 2 expansions and $40.00 for Forsaken?

I guess if you're playing it on PC, it's different.  I was referring to console and the many deals.  I've seen Destiny 2 for under $10 several times over the past 4 months.  On Black Friday it will be insanely cheap.  Not sure about PC.  I don't think the PC version has anywhere near as large of a player base as the console does.

12 minutes ago, TXsteeler said:

Is the game out yet? How are users reviewing it?

That's the base game, not the DLC that's coming out in two days.  The base game had a lot of issues, but now it's really good.  The user reviews don't reflect that.  He used it to drive his narrative and he clearly doens't play the game.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KManX89 said:

You need the other DLCs to be able to play Forsaken.

El oh el, glad I didn't buy this. Looks like I dodged a bullet.

5FYkr7t.jpg

The game was bad at launch and bottomed out in the first DLC. It has slowly improved since then and this DLC looks like it'll be fantastic. Remains to be seen, of course. You dodged a bullet not buying vanilla and playing Curse of Osiris for sure. Warmind and going forward is a much different game, though.

On 9/2/2018 at 8:38 PM, showtime said:

I don't think the PC version has anywhere near as large of a player base as the console does.

What is this based off of? I am planning on buying it next weekend because I want a fun shooter on PC but if the playerbase is dead I don't know if that's a good call.

On 9/2/2018 at 8:50 PM, cp0k2 said:

The game was bad at launch and bottomed out in the first DLC. It has slowly improved since then and this DLC looks like it'll be fantastic. Remains to be seen, of course. You dodged a bullet not buying vanilla and playing Curse of Osiris for sure. Warmind and going forward is a much different game, though.

I haven't played since like month 2 of destiny 2, why was Osiris bad and why was Warmind good?

3 hours ago, TXsteeler said:

What is this based off of? I am planning on buying it next weekend because I want a fun shooter on PC but if the playerbase is dead I don't know if that's a good call.

Sites like DestinyTracker and GuardianGG track the number of players in PVE and PVP activities per system.

3 hours ago, TXsteeler said:

I haven't played since like month 2 of destiny 2, why was Osiris bad and why was Warmind good?

I don't know how much detail you want. I'll try to just hit the main points without going too in depth, unless you ask for it.

• The story butchered the legend and mystique of not one, but two of the supposed greats in all of Destiny lore (Osiris is one obviously, I won't spoil the other) with a rushed, incomplete, sophomoric campaign. 
  • The Forge is not a forge at all. You do a thing and press a button at the forge and you get a Prophecy weapon, that's it.
  • The Prophecy weapons themselves are reskins, but with cool Vex tech add-ons. But they don't do anything special with that Vex tech. The guns all have the same limited number of perks already available. 
  • The Infinite Forest is a joke, one that Bungie even poked fun at in the lore on a Nightfall specific hand cannon added to the game later.
  • Mercury, while beautiful, is small and boring. You can't even use a sparrow there for some reason.
  • The Dawning, the seasonal event that took place during Curse of Osiris was a blatant microtransaction money grab.
  • The sandbox wasn't changed from vanilla's launch. 

Warmind wasn't exactly "good," but it was an improvement and saw a lot of updates just before and during the expansion that has lead us up to the big changes forthcoming in Forsaken. Warmind's story wasn't great, but it wasn't garbage like CoO was. The highlights:

• Escalation Protocol is fun. Better than Court of Oryx and Archon's Forge imo. The armor looks good and the weapons are very good. 
  • Quests and things to chase were actually added. Starting with memory fragments and sleeper nodes that behave similarly to calcified fragments from Taken King and Siva fragments from Rise of Iron. Those lead to weapons and cosmetic rewards.
  • Exotic catalysts. They make exotic weapons better, some much better.
  • The Solstice of Heroes seasonal event wasn't the greatest thing in the world, but it wasn't a money grab and provided reimagined versions of vanilla story missions that were fun to play through.
  • Whisper of the Worm is the best secret Destiny has produced imo. Better than the Outbreak Prime Quest and the Black Spindle mission, again, imo.

As far as raid content goes, both raid lairs were well done. But the rewards were bad, for both. That was because of the original design and couldn't be changed. They held two guns (shotgun and grenade launcher for one, sidearm and fusion rifle for the other) each from the main Leviathan loot pool to give out in the lairs. Eater of Worlds got a unique armor set while Spire of Stars was just a reskin of Eater's. Here's hoping they don't do that BS going forward.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, TXsteeler said:

I'm not saying the PC player base is dead.  I have a friend who plays on PC and has a lot of fun with it.  The reason I said that is because Destiny was made to be a console shooter.  The first game was on console and not on PC, so the hardcore following began there.  It's similar to games like Gears of War, for example.  You can buy Gears of War on PC, but the player base is always going to be bigger on console.

Forsaken is great. The gameplay implementations are very good, and some of the tweeks, like collections (being able to repurchase any weapon or armor you've acquired in the past) is a breath of fresh air. The score is amazing, overall they very much succeeded when it comes to gameplay. And the new huge level cap feels like I have room for growth again for a while.

My only gripe is they still suck with story. I'm sorry, but the travelor is awake, the warmind is now helping humanity...... And yet nothing has changed, you still go off and do the same old things for the same old reasons. There is no story arc change, no drastic difference in interaction between the travelor or the warmind and the vanguard. It's almost as if they still don't exist, except for some meaningless insert here or there like some cryptic messages that attempt to have deep meaning but just go in ear and out the other.  It's like destiny is big in these big meaningful things occuring... That don't result in any real change.