Week 1 Games

Leader

Not to be political (I support protests and definitely thought fans booing was distasteful) but between all the corporate virtue signaling  in commercials and lack of energy from few fans, I was pretty turned off. This was the first kick off special I turned off since I can remember.

This season right now with everything going on seems so weird. I don’t know if it’s the lack of preseason, politics, behavior changes from the lack of sports,  but this is definitely the least excited I’ve been in September for football.

Edited by pacman5252

On 9/11/2020 at 1:44 AM, pacman5252 said:

Not to be political (I support protests and definitely thought fans booing was distasteful) but between all the corporate virtue signaling  in commercials and lack of energy from few fans, I was pretty turned off. This was the first kick off special I turned off since I can remember.

This season right now with everything going on seems so weird. I don’t know if it’s the lack of preseason, politics, behavior changes from the lack of sports,  but this is definitely the least excited I’ve been in September for football.

I feel the same way.  I'm underwhelmed with all sports period. Between Covid and all the vitriol with the race baiting politics and protesting i'm in your boat. This is the first NFL kickoff i've ever fell asleep on.  I honestly wouldn't of cared if they would have canceled the season. Not feeling the energy of the fans in the stadium is very weird. Sad our memories are so short, ironically  this  country went through the worse tragedy in US history almost 20 years ago on this day and it brought all races and political affiliates together because it was about humanity instead of race, police were heroes instead of enemies, this was truly a purple country, no Blue or Red. I believe if we get back to the humanity aspect this country will be united again. Well My rant is over carry on.

Edited by St Vince
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, St Vince said:

I feel the same way.  I'm underwhelmed with all sports period. Between Covid and all the vitriol with the race baiting politics and protesting i'm in your boat. This is the first NFL kickoff i've ever fell asleep on.  I honestly wouldn't of cared if they would have canceled the season. Not feeling the energy of the fans in the stadium is very weird. Sad our memories are so short, ironically  this  country went through the worse tragedy in US history almost 20 years ago on this day and it brought all races and political affiliates together because it was about humanity instead of race, police were heroes instead of enemies, this was truly purple country, no Blue or Red. I believe if we get back to the humanity aspect this country will be United again. Well My rant is over, carry on.

OptimisticSmartBoaconstrictor-size_restr

• Like 1

I'm presuming the Tampa @ New Orleans game is being played in an empty stadium? Probably a good thing as the current track for Tropical Storm Sally has it hitting just below New Orleans as a hurricane around 2AM Tuesday. I wonder if the league would have cancelled or moved the game had fans been allowed.

2 hours ago, Leader said:

I'm presuming the Tampa @ New Orleans game is being played in an empty stadium? Probably a good thing as the current track for Tropical Storm Sally has it hitting just below New Orleans as a hurricane around 2AM Tuesday. I wonder if the league would have cancelled or moved the game had fans been allowed.

Isn't the only thing that stops a football game, lightning?  I suppose damage to the stadium would also stop it.