2021 - NFL Draft Prospects Thread

Texas_OutLaw7

1 hour ago, buddy_z34 said:

Pretty excellent draft

It was fun but I think its unrealistic.  As the stimulation was running i kept saying there's no way so and so would be there.  But they were so I picked them.  Weaver and Shelvin would make or break this draft.

1 hour ago, Northland said:

It was fun but I think its unrealistic.  As the stimulation was running i kept saying there's no way so and so would be there.  But they were so I picked them.  Weaver and Shelvin would make or break this draft.

By far totally unrealistic. Grant wont go that low. Neither will Browning. Smith the OT/OG from Tennessee struggled last week playing tackle. I think u picked him round 3? He may go into round 4. 5 is pushing it. I prefer Shelvin.  

1 hour ago, buddy_z34 said:

By far totally unrealistic. Grant wont go that low. Neither will Browning. Smith the OT/OG from Tennessee struggled last week playing tackle. I think u picked him round 3? He may go into round 4. 5 is pushing it. I prefer Shelvin.  

Agree with your points.  I see Smith moving inside.  I read he was the classic phone booth maul the guy in front of him.  I laughed when Grant was still there.  What else do we have to do this time of year?

1 hour ago, Northland said:
2 hours ago, buddy_z34 said:

Agree with your points.  I see Smith moving inside.  I read he was the classic phone booth maul the guy in front of him.  I laughed when Grant was still there.  What else do we have to do this time of year?

Seems unrealistic, but who figured on Lamb being there at 17?  Always free fallers for reasons unknown. Desmond King was a 1st rd pick for damn near everyone a couple years ago.

• Like 1

Here's how I'm handicapping the offseason right now. Who am I missing from the list that I need to watch?

CB LB DT FS
    Pick 1 Pick 1 Pick 1 Pick 1
Day 1
Pick 1
Caleb Farley Jeremiah Owusu Koramoah    
Patrick Surtain Jr.      
Jaycee Horn   Christian Barmore  
Day 2
Pick 2
Ifeatu Melinfonwu Nick Bolton Alim McNeill Trevon Moehrig
Tyson Campbell Jabril Cox   Richie Grant
Aaron Robinson      
Asante Samuel Jr. Hamsah Nasirildeen Marvin Wilson Jevon Holland
  Baron Browning    
Free
Agents
Pick 1
Richard Sherman Denzel Perriman Dalvin Tomlinson Marcus Maye
    DaQuan Jones Marcus Williams
    Johnathan Hankins Malik Hooker

The above relies on a few assumptions:

• We have 4 major holes (CB, LB, FS, DT), and we address them with 1 FA and our first 3 picks, meaning:
    • Dak is back with the Cowboys next year
    • The prognosis for Tyron and La'El is good
    • We don't trade Michael Gallup for a defensive player or high pick
  • We can only afford 1 legit starter-level outside free-agent

Not sure how this post will look on mobile, hopefully it's not a disaster.

• Like 2

On 1/31/2021 at 3:45 PM, WizardHawk said:

Seems unrealistic, but who figured on Lamb being there at 17?  Always free fallers for reasons unknown. Desmond King was a 1st rd pick for damn near everyone a couple years ago.

If you go back to some of my posts, I predicted Lamb falling to us at 17 well before draft day.

2 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Here's how I'm handicapping the offseason right now. Who am I missing from the list that I need to watch?

CB LB DT FS
    Pick 1 Pick 1 Pick 1 Pick 1
Day 1
Pick 1
Caleb Farley Jeremiah Owusu Koramoah    
Patrick Surtain Jr.      
Jaycee Horn   Christian Barmore  
Day 2
Pick 2
Ifeatu Melinfonwu Nick Bolton Alim McNeill Trevon Moehrig
Tyson Campbell Jabril Cox   Richie Grant
Aaron Robinson      
Asante Samuel Jr. Hamsah Nasirildeen Marvin Wilson Jevon Holland
  Baron Browning    
Free
Agents
Pick 1
Richard Sherman Denzel Perriman Dalvin Tomlinson Marcus Maye
    DaQuan Jones Marcus Williams
    Johnathan Hankins Malik Hooker

The above relies on a few assumptions:

• We have 4 major holes (CB, LB, FS, DT), and we address them with 1 FA and our first 3 picks, meaning:
    • Dak is back with the Cowboys next year
    • The prognosis for Tyron and La'El is good
    • We don't trade Michael Gallup for a defensive player or high pick
  • We can only afford 1 legit starter-level outside free-agent

Not sure how this post will look on mobile, hopefully it's not a disaster.

Jaylen Twyman at DT on Day 2.

2 minutes ago, plan9misfit said:

Jaylen Twyman at DT on Day 2.

I have watched Twyman, and he's off my list at his current draft stock, along with Micah Parsons, Kwity Paye, Daviyon Nixon, Gregory Rousseau, and Zaven Collins for various reasons.

I don't think he's a bad prospect, but I also don't get the hype. To me, I definitely don't think he's a better prospect than Neville Gallimore, and if we draft him, I expect he'll be battling for backup reps with Trysten Hill. The DT class this year is really weak, especially 3Ts. Average talents are going to be drafted where good ones usually are, and good ones will be drafted where great ones normally are. So am I reaching for a guy who I view as likely not a starter until the final year of his rookie contract, at best?

I haven't watched all the 3Ts in this draft, but I think I'm rolling with Gallimore/Hill next year. I am very intrigued by the abundant opportunities to upgrade 1T, though.

21. Patrick Surtain II, CB Alabama

44. Richie Grant, S UCF

50. Alim McNeill, DT North Carolina State

79. Monty Rice, LB Georgia

109. Marquez Stevenson, WR Houston

112. Alaric Jackson, OT Iowa

158. Chauncey Golston, EDGE Iowa

204. Israel Mukuamu, CB South Carolina

2022 LAC 3rd

2022 ARI 5th

2022 PIT 5th

2022 CLE 5th

My handy work via PFN Sim. 

1 hour ago, The_Slamman said:

I think you must add OT to that list.  In fact, my money is on OT being drafted @ 10.

I'll get around to the OTs eventually. Right now, my (perhaps irrational) hope is that the prognosis for Tyron and La'El is good. 

If you have to use a major resource to address OT, which we might, it's going to leave us in a bind at some other positions. Hopefully we can address 2 spots in FA if that is the case.

28 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

21. Patrick Surtain II, CB Alabama

44. Richie Grant, S UCF

50. Alim McNeill, DT North Carolina State

79. Monty Rice, LB Georgia

109. Marquez Stevenson, WR Houston

112. Alaric Jackson, OT Iowa

158. Chauncey Golston, EDGE Iowa

204. Israel Mukuamu, CB South Carolina

2022 LAC 3rd

2022 ARI 5th

2022 PIT 5th

2022 CLE 5th

My handy work via PFN Sim. 

Pretty amazing. Very open to the idea of trading down and adding an additional 2nd round pick. If we still landed Surtain... wow.

3 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

What are your thoughts on Tuipulotu? Dane Brugler was pumping him up as a Cowboys option in the 3rd round, and I’m intrigued, but haven’t watched yet. 

He seems like a nice prospect. I’m not sure if he’s appreciably different from Gallimore, though. USC’s defense was very poor over the last few seasons, so I can’t really tell how he projects due to incredibly poor coaching and a scheme that few people on that entire defense fit. Also, at 6’2 308, I’m not sure if he’s a 3T or an eventual 1T in a 4-3 scheme (if he adds 15 pounds). And, his linemate, Jay Tufele, may be the better DT prospect. 

Edited by plan9misfit

4 hours ago, plan9misfit said:

He seems like a nice prospect. I’m not sure if he’s appreciably different from Gallimore, though. USC’s defense was very poor over the last few seasons, so I can’t really tell how he projects due to incredibly poor coaching and a scheme that few people on that entire defense fit. Also, at 6’2 308, I’m not sure if he’s a 3T or an eventual 1T in a 4-3 scheme (if he adds 15 pounds). And, his linemate, Jay Tufele, may be the better DT prospect. 

Here’s what Brugler said:

“But if we’re going defensive tackle there, I like Tuipulotu much more than Marvin Wilson. I would have drafted him or McNeill. Tuipulotu is a guy that gives you one-technique and three-technique versatility. He’s not a traditional nose tackle, but he played nose tackle for USC. He’s got a big, strong frame, but he can also give you a little bit of pass rush because he’s quick at the snap. He’s got the agility where he can play in different gaps. He has strong hands. There are a lot of things you can do with him as an inside depth piece that can play different gaps.”

I love that report. Someone with some versatility inside and the ability to play 3 downs seems like a better fit for what we need than a true 3T. He’s also getting great reports from the Senior Bowl.

Tufele also sounds intriguing based on what I’ve read. Going to have to turn on that USC tape soon.