2021 - NFL Draft Prospects Thread

Texas_OutLaw7

7 minutes ago, TVScout said:

JOK might not work at SS. He was recruited to play there but got moved to LB for reasons I don't know about.

I think LB is just the position tabbed to him, as I wouldn't call him a LB either.

According to Pro Football Focus’s snap tracker, Owusu-Koramoah has taken 107 snaps from the defensive line, 218 from the box, and 352 from the slot.

• Like 1

If you could guarantee me Tyson Campbell at #44, I’d probably be ok going a different direction than CB in the first. He’s a really good player, and really good fit for our defense. Right there with Terrell and Diggs as prospects last year, IMO.

But that makes me nervous. I haven’t found another corner that makes a lot of sense for us at #44. Last year’s CB class was much deeper.

On 1/21/2021 at 6:49 AM, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Dane Brugler's dropped his top 100 this morning:

https://theathletic.com/2332366/2021/01/21/bruglers-top-100-nfl-draft-board/

Behind a paywall, but here are where some popular potential Cowboys names rank:

6) Rashawn Slater, OT2
10) Caleb Farley, CB1
11) Patrick Surtain, CB2
13) Micah Parsons, LB1
14) Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah, LB2
18) Christian Barmore, DT1
20) Jaycee Horn, CB3
22) Nick Bolton, LB3
33) Trevon Moehrig, S1
36) Chazz Surratt, LB6
39) Daviyon Nixon, DT2
97) Alim McNeill, DT8

Okay stay at 10 I would be happy with Farley Surtan or Parsons

at 44 I would love Moehrig or Nixon. If we had to trade down to say 18. Barmore or Horn are okay but I still want Moehrig  in the second.  

beyond that who knows.  I am not a fan of JOK or Bolton-  both do not have the size I want at LB right now and as far as safety they need to be a safety who is good in coverage and can handle playing deep

either way I hope we get two starters in the first two rounds.   Personally I think those should be A large LB who can help in the middle of the field in run support.  Mixing Smith and LVE to the edges where they can help in blitz and use their speed and size more effectively.  Then a safety who can do a better job in pass support but would accept a shut down CB

i see a lot of mock’s have us taking a OT in the first please please please just say NO

4 hours ago, quiller said:

Okay stay at 10 I would be happy with Farley Surtan or Parsons

I definitely agree on the first 2. I would not even consider Parsons in the top 10.

beyond that who knows.  I am not a fan of JOK or Bolton-  both do not have the size I want at LB right now

I don’t agree with this, especially on JOK. He’s a great fit on Dan Quinn’s defense and a true queen on the chessboard.

Parsons is not fixing the run defense without also improving our interior DL (no LB is), and he isn’t making an impact on our pass D. Give me the player who can impact every aspect of the game, loves football, and has a high football IQ. It’s JOK by a mile, for me.

i see a lot of mock’s have us taking a OT in the first please please please just say NO

If Tyron were to retire, you’d be foolish not to consider it. But I agree that I hope it does my come to that.

Edited by Nextyearfordaboyz

Oops, posted this to the wrong thread originally:   

I’ve watched most of the prospects that seem like realistic targets for April, now. Here’s my early handicapping:

Guys I’d be stoked about at #10:  
-CB Caleb Farley  
-CB Patrick Surtain  
-OLB Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah

Guys I’d be stoked about in a trade down:  
-DT Christian Barmore  
-CB Jaycee Horn

Guy I can’t quite quit at #10, even though it might not be a great use of resources:  
-TE Kyle Pitts

Guys who are for sure worth #10, but I’d need to know more about Tyron and La’El before really considering them:  
-OT Penei Sewell  
-OT Rashawn Slater

Guys I’m out on in the first round:  
-OLB Micah Parsons  
-DE Gregory Rousseau  
-DE Kwity Paye  
-OLB Zaven Collins  
-DT Daviyon Nixon

Guys I’m ignoring until Cowboys give me a reason to pay attention (e.g., trading Dak or Gallup, cutting Tyron):  
-All QBs  
-All WRs  
-Non-Sewell and -Slater OL

Guys I love in round 2:   
-LB Nick Bolton   
-S Trevon Moehrig   
-CB Tyson Campbell

• Like 5

21 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Oops, posted this to the wrong thread originally:   

I’ve watched most of the prospects that seem like realistic targets for April, now. Here’s my early handicapping:

Guys I’d be stoked about at #10:  
-CB Caleb Farley  
-CB Patrick Surtain  
-OLB Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah

Guys I’d be stoked about in a trade down:  
-DT Christian Barmore  
-CB Jaycee Horn

Guy I can’t quite quit at #10, even though it might not be a great use of resources:  
-TE Kyle Pitts

Guys who are for sure worth #10, but I’d need to know more about Tyron and La’El before really considering them:  
-OT Penei Sewell  
-OT Rashawn Slater

Guys I’m out on in the first round:  
-OLB Micah Parsons  
-DE Gregory Rousseau  
-DE Kwity Paye  
-OLB Zaven Collins  
-DT Daviyon Nixon

Guys I’m ignoring until Cowboys give me a reason to pay attention (e.g., trading Dak or Gallup, cutting Tyron):  
-All QBs  
-All WRs  
-Non-Sewell and -Slater OL

Guys I love in round 2:   
-LB Nick Bolton   
-S Trevon Moehrig   
-CB Tyson Campbell

I didn't notice either.... so...

i like above though if we trade down I am okay with Parsons or even Nixon..

i

1 hour ago, quiller said:

If you’ve watched the players, I won’t hate on you for it, but definitely count me out on both of those guys becoming Cowboys in the first round. If Nixon fell to a certain point in the draft, I would entertain it.

On tape alone, I just don’t think Parsons is worth it. He’s obviously a superb athlete, but  his instincts have a ways to go and he’s a liability in coverage. Add in the whispers that he is a character concern who doesn’t love football, also the fact that he was an opt out, and the risk/reward just isn’t anywhere close for me. People want him to be Lavar Arrington 2, but Parsons isn’t that. I sincerely hope the Eagles take him and drop someone else to us.

Nixon is a fine prospect. He’ll likely be a good defensive lineman (though there are some whispers of character issues here as well). I do think the 1st round is far too rich for him. Year 1, I would wager he’s inferior to Gallimore’s year 2. At #44 I might consider him. I haven’t done enough work to know all of the options there, but I think I’d place him after Bolton, Moehrig, and Campbell.

5 hours ago, quiller said:

i

I’m not on the Parsons bandwagon at all. He’s a superb athlete, but I question his love for the game and he plays a non-premium position. 

• Like 1