2021 - NFL Draft Prospects Thread

Texas_OutLaw7

9 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

That’s lofty for Togiai, I think. Ratliff was a rare bird. That elite get-off and pass rushing skills along with the strength to hold up as a true nose. He also had a lot more length and height than Togiai.

It was a long time ago, but I thought he was pretty undersized. Maybe I’m mistaken him for someone else

9 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

I guess it’s time to add Jamar Johnson to the safety wish list. I’ve seen his name floated around for some time, but here in the past week he’s now being mentioned as a top 50 prospect. 

Going to have some free time tomorrow, so looks like a good homework project.

I like him as a box safety. He really plays well there. I don’t know how much I like him at FS, especially in the top 50. He does have INTs, but a lot of them were on overthrows and being in the right place right time.

28 minutes ago, CT Cowboy Fan said:

I like him as a box safety. He really plays well there. I don’t know how much I like him at FS, especially in the top 50. He does have INTs, but a lot of them were on overthrows and being in the right place right time.

Sometimes that's all ya need. 

3 hours ago, CT Cowboy Fan said:

It was a long time ago, but I thought he was pretty undersized. Maybe I’m mistaken him for someone else

He was a bit undersized for a NT, especially coming into the league. But he was still 6’4”, and if I had to guess he played above his listed weight of 304lbs for most of his career.

To your point, I do think Togiai can be a stout run defender, but he’s not a destroyer of worlds at 296. And his tested athleticism makes him feel like a 3T, but he doesn’t really play like that on tape. It’s both encouraging and discouraging at the same time.