CB Aqib Talib retires

RaidersAreOne

My first memory of Talib is from '09 when the Bucs hosted the Packers. He intercepted Rodgers and got blasted by Donald Driver while trying to run it back. I never saw Driver lay a hit like that on anyone else. It's like he somehow knew what a jerk Talib would become and wanted to punish him in advance.

I'm not sorry to see him go, but he was a good player.

3 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

No chance at the HOF. I mean only 5 PBs, and 1 AP? If that got DBs into the hall than we better get a lot more gold jackets ready. Would’ve needed a couple more 1st team APs at the very least.

Pretty ridiculous that he wasn’t 1st Team All-Pro in both 2015 and 2016. 

2 hours ago, BroncoBruin said:

Probably didn’t have enough seasons of elite play to make the HOF but his peak was incredible. Couple more great seasons + getting that pick six record and I think he gets in. 

he's a classic "hall of very good" player for me. very very impressive peak and a good player throughout his career, but not quite enough for the jacket.

47 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

Weird he retired with a contract offer on the table. He claims he wasn't "feeling it anymore". I wonder if that will change. He has the size to switch to safety (I think), it's kind of puzzling he didn't go that route first...

If BB really wanted him I would bet my last dollar it was to take Pat Chung's spot in the scheme

7 hours ago, RuskieTitan said:

With a Super Bowl ring on his resume, does Talib have a fair shot at being a first ballot hall of fame inductee? Or will he have to wait a few years?

Why do people think every good player needs to be a Hall of Famer. Jesus. Just let good players be good players. Maybe a team specific Hall of Fame or whatever. Leave the PFHOF to the true greats and legends.

And I LOVE Talib's game. He was a pitbull on the field, big fan. And some network should be smart enough to scoop him up to do some in studio commentating, he's entertaining.

13 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

If BB really wanted him I would bet my last dollar it was to take Pat Chung's spot in the scheme

Not sure if you watched the clip, Talib said Belichick wanted him to come in and essentially shadow the opposing TEs, something that he did with success in NE. Pats schedule is very TE heavy this year, so it makes sense.

4 minutes ago, DannyB said:

Not sure if you watched the clip, Talib said Belichick wanted him to come in and essentially shadow the opposing TEs, something that he did with success in NE. Pats schedule is very TE heavy this year, so it makes sense.

I didnt watch the clip, but that is more or less Pat Chung's role in the scheme. The Patriots regularly used 3 safeties at a time with Chung/McCourty/Harmon

• Like 1

hmm, I thought Chung was more for in the box run support, with some TE help between the seams and stuff, rather than straight up following the TE, but you could be right. And either way, BB was definitely looking for extra help in that area given Chung's absence